Mod 1

mailee
This post is 4170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The only thing I was worried about on my Mod 1 was the U-turn - I know, it's easier than the figure of eight but I kept putting my foot down during lessons. Did it without any problems and passed it first time on my test though :P

Here are some tips I was given - which I'm sure you would have already been filled in on:

• always do your checks/observations before moving off, specially during the manual handling - treat it as if you were on a real road
  • look up and focus on a fixed object in the distance for your U-turn - this is where I had trouble because I kept looking down and down came the foot
  • as soon as you come out of the circuit, open your throttle - you should be in second gear
  • if for some reason - maybe bad weather - you lock your rear wheel during the emergency stop, you might be given a minor as long as you release the brake and stop the bike from skidding

Good luck!