fitting a scottoiler to an XJ6 diversion

BillyV
This post is 4191 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Am looking for a suitable vacuum to fit a scottoiler on a diversion (the new one). There is a spare blanked tube that looks like it is used for analysis when it goes on a pc, is this suitable?

Thanks

Wil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok i will bite I haven't a clue as to what you want to do.First what is a scottoiller 2nd how muck vac do you need to run the mistery thing.

First what is a scottoiller 2nd how muck vac do you need to run the mistery thing.

First:

Scottoiler is an automatic chain lube system - Click me for details

2nd:

Not a helluva lot, so ....

BillyV - whenever I've fitted one in the past I've spliced into the vacuum pipe that works the fuel tap, there's generally the right sized T-piece in the fitting kit. If that isn't possible, just give the boys at Scottoiler a shout, they are very helpful and have a whole heap of experience getting them fitted to just about any bike on the market (except my trusty old H*nda, coz it's a shaftie!).

You're welcome

Well now I know what it is , and personaly unless I was running the baja I'll stick to just lubeing my chain the old way I'm not that lazy or want more crap on my bike to break and give me a false sence of protection.

IMHO i would use a stable source of negative pressure, i.e. the petcock actuated line (assuming your fuel tap is vac operated), carb takeoffs would work in theory but keep in mind as you open the throttle and thus cause a larger vac, that larger negative pressure will be passed on to the oiler, aslong as the vac pressure doesnt affect the amount of oil dispensed it wont matter but i am not 100% familiar with the scottoiler system

I'm under the impression that the oiler is either open or closed so the vacuum increase wouldn't effect it!

Aslong as there is enough to open the valve you would be good to go!

I was looking into getting one of these also but can't be arsed trying to find a vacuum point on my dtr

Ken

Thanks for all the advice. I think DT501 has missed the point a bit! I have only put one on a tranditional bike where i can see which lead is which, i was unsure if any are linked to sensors that would pop if i messed about with theme. It is all a bit tight with everything all together, is the tap at the base of the tank, as is traditional, I currently cant even see it! I wanted to know before I start taking too much of the bike apart for nothing.

Hi, I'm new on this forum and wanting to put some guidance and help on. Seen as I just fitted my Scottoiler today I am going to put up a good write up with instructions and pics for the XJ6 as theres not much out there and its such simple thing. Thankfully it was a simple job due to the spare air intake valve! Will also put up 5 options on where to mount it, I think i have chosen 1 of the 2 best options. Unsure, I have left plenty of incase i change the position or decide to change bike and transfer the oiler!

Dale

Well now I know what it is , and personaly unless I was running the baja I'll stick to just lubeing my chain the old way I'm not that lazy or want more crap on my bike to break and give me a false sence of protection.

Hi mate I rode a Baja 250 through the jungle in thailand. It is a hillarious bike to ride and I loved it to bits. Man that brings back so many memories I think I will go and look out my old pics. Cheers for giving me a wee smile today!

Anyway so as not to hijack the thread I have also been fitting a Scottoiler today onto my zzr1400 (tin hat on) lol. I live only a few miles from their place and will have to go tomorrow to get a longer length of vaccum tube. I have an original MK1 Scottoiler from many moons ago which they asked me to donate to them a few years back as they did not have one lol. The one I am trying to fit to the 14 is a MK7 Touring model, they are great bits of kit and if you get the flow rate to 1-2 drops a minute you can get well over 2k before you need to top it up. The hard part is achieving this and it takes a lot of patience setting it up the first time.

If there are any specific questions you would like me to ask the tech guys at Scottoiler tomorrow let me know and I will try my best to find out the answer and maybe even ask if they will do a forum discount? (wont hold my breath though lol)

Hi. I fitted Tutoros latest auto oiler on my VFR800.Cost about 40 quid and theres no having to connect any wires/batteries/vacuum pipes etc.Simply works by the a little gravity pump actuated by the bikes motion.No motion-no oil-no drips.Works a treet,so if you fancy an auto oiler but didnt fancy hacking into other parts of the bike then the Tutoro's yer man.

Hi. I fitted Tutoros latest auto oiler on my VFR800.Cost about 40 quid and theres no having to connect any wires/batteries/vacuum pipes etc.Simply works by the a little gravity pump actuated by the bikes motion.No motion-no oil-no drips.Works a treet,so if you fancy an auto oiler but didnt fancy hacking into other parts of the bike then the Tutoro's yer man.

It is a very very good alternative and I know a few people who use them, only down side is the size of the reservoir from what I can gather.

It is a very very good alternative and I know a few people who use them, only down side is the size of the reservoir from what I can gather.

If its regulated properly it shouldnt be a problem(and its a doddle to adjust)-Ive heard of 2000 miles per refill.Ive only done about 500 with mine so far and used less than half so far and the chain and sprockets have returned to their original colour and theres non on the tyre either...

Hi mate I rode a Baja 250

Hi fzr " 1690" you must be a hun wi a username like that :hah: ... Anyway , i think the Baja that DT50 is on about is the Baja perninsula Rally,[ calafornia] gruling dakar style o" thing ,

Oh aye " tell scotoiler that the H2 750 triple had a chainoiler Standard back in 1972 :jossun:

Hows the zzr ? and Hi-bees are top bye the way,,,, :eusa_whistle:

Hi fzr " 1690" you must be a hun wi a username like that :hah: ... Anyway , i think the Baja that DT50 is on about is the Baja perninsula Rally,[ calafornia] gruling dakar style o" thing ,

Oh aye " tell scotoiler that the H2 750 triple had a chainoiler Standard back in 1972 :jossun:

Hows the zzr ? and Hi-bees are top bye the way,,,, :eusa_whistle:

Aw wit an HIV fan lol You do know that calling someone a Hun can get you 6 months in the big hoose nowadays in Salmonds Nazi Scotland lol.The Baja post makes more sense now as I did not think there would be any outside Thailand as it seems pretty unique as well as illegal there!

The 14 is amazing mate this is my 2nd one, I had an 07 before I got another new one in 2010. The difference between those two models are even night and day.

Where you doing the MX? I was into it since a kid up until a couple of years ago but now I hardly get the time. I was on the big red bing at Broxburn last month for a bit of a mess about and could hardly walk for the rest of the week. lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online