Rd 125 DX fork leg question

Mastiff
This post is 4240 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My son's bike has damaged fork legs. Does anybody know if the fork legs from a watercooled RD 125 (LC) will fit, or if other legs will fit? I have found lower legs for CS5/RD200 on eBay, could those fit?

Thanks in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would have thought that the rxs / rs 100 front end would be a better match? I would think the RD stuff would be too long and certainly larger diameter.

A complete front end would be easier as most likely you could just swap out the steering head bearings for ones that suit, and boly the lot in.

No joy on the aircooled site?

That would be interesting. I can actually get a brand new front fork with steering yoke for around £130 locally! Made for the RS 100 because there is still production of those somewhere in the world. I can phone them and ask the measurements and ask for better pictures.

the front end on my RS200 is off an Rd200 if you need any measurements... just gimme a nudge if they are required :)

is yoru RD125DX drums or discs? only asking as the front end off the RS100 and RXS are both drums and the fork legs wouldnt be any use to you however some RS125s were disc on the front

Thanks! This is a disc, and I have seen lots of pictures of RS100's with discs. Just do a Google picture search. Does that mean that they are all modified? I thought the 78 and up, or something, came with discs.

Thanks! This is a disc, and I have seen lots of pictures of RS100's with discs. Just do a Google picture search. Does that mean that they are all modified? I thought the 78 and up, or something, came with discs.

never seen a single RS100 with disc front.... 125s for sure but never a 100... they were classed as a commuter bike like the YB and RXS which all had drums front... if they did do the 100 with a disc front they could be imports and not meant for the UK market... if you can find fork legs with disc front then you may need the caliper as well as i dont know if the RD one will fit

like you say they are out there according to google images... they must be quite rare even on ebay though... anyway i hope you get sorted fella :D

Aha. That's the difference. They were sold in Norway in a time where there were no 125's, 100 was the largest. From 1980 (not 1978, I remembered wrong) they came with disc brake. They were RX 100's outside of Norway. Now they are made in India, and many import those and put the parts on an old RS 100 frame:

yamaha_rs100_81_egen.jpg

i thought i had never seen one with a disc,,, the RX is basically the same as an RXS over here.... if you can find one of those front ends then you have been lucky to be honest... just an afterthought is an SR125 or YBR front end would go on... you might need the yokes as well but i cant be certain on that mate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online