Road Wizards Bike Show (Saddleworth, Oldham)

Airhead
This post is 4235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Am going to go to this, aint never heard of it and its about 6 miles from my house :eusa_doh:

Hmm... Only 11 miles from my house. May pop along to this, but the RAC had to put a plug in my rear wheel due to a puncture. Can't sort a new tyre until Tuesday, and am not sure how durable these plugs are...

...the star of the show (although he didnt enter) for me was this 1938 New Imperial 250cc. The owner bought it in very bad shape fixed her up and regularly goes for 200 mile runs on her...hats off to the guy and doesnt he just look the part :thumb:

201_2232.jpg

201_2231.jpg

201_2234.jpg

That's fabulous! I love it. Too far for me though. :bawling:

Hmm... Only 11 miles from my house. May pop along to this, but the RAC had to put a plug in my rear wheel due to a puncture. Can't sort a new tyre until Tuesday, and am not sure how durable these plugs are...

I did 10000 miles on the original tyres and without incident on my bandit, bought some nice michelin pilot roads and less that 100 miles picked up a bloody 4" long cladding screw (sodding roofers at work)...gues who's also riding with a plug... ;)

if you and or 'beef' wanna meet up PM me your contact #

...gues who's also riding with a plug... ;)

if you and or 'beef' wanna meet up PM me your contact #

Glad I'm not the only one! It's typical, I've only done 550 miles on this bike. Never had a puncture in a car over 10 years!

I'll see what family plans are but will send you my mobi just in case.

Hey guys, change of plan for me I'm afraid - I now have to work! Bugger... :-(

Still I managed a quick morning ride with my dodgy wheel and rode past the event. So I was there in spirit I guess!!

Enjoy your day and I hope the weather holds.

i went was an ok day and a decent turnout really.

some intersting results for the prize winners, but a good day chatting with people and looking at bikes.

now where do i stick the photos....

this thread or a new one???

Didnt stay long this year but heres a few pics

My Favourite...1960 Sunbeam S7...what a cracking example :thumb:

102_2597.jpg

More Brit Iron

1958 Triton 650

102_2599.jpg

Very much like my first bike

Honda SS125 Benly

102_2600.jpg

See this one regularly...1972 Suzuki T500

102_2601.jpg

Nice 1972 Yamaha YDS7

102_2602.jpg

Also see this a lot at local shows...The Monstrous V8 Chevvy engined 'Boss Hoss'

102_2603.jpg

went to a local show today, it is in its fifth year but first time i went as i only heard of it on friday

some interesting choices for winners, but a good day chatting and looking at bikes...

IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

pump for the tyres tucked up under tank.

IMAG0568.jpg

500cc auto boom trike

IMAG0575.jpg

IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

this took best trike..

and yes it is one of those dodgy tail pack add on thingys... paint was good but too much bling and tassles on both the car and owner..

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

won best paint

IMAG0589.jpg

this was tiny. just about came to my knee,

IMAG0609.jpg

and this turned up aswell...

IMAG0555.jpg

may be my next bike..... vn 800 owner currently building a vn1500 and may be getting rid of this and i have had my eye on it since he first finished it. he aint decided if he wants this one or new one and wont decide until he has finished the new one..

and remember i said some strange winners....

i give you best in show.

IMAG0578.jpg

a raked virago with 8'' overs. some polishing and not a lot else.

looked ok, but when you looked closely the work round the rake was a bit iffy, welding a bit snotty and looked like there was a good dab of filler in there...

there were at least three others that would of come before that if i was picking, the sunbeam mentioned earlier, NEMO the green cracked ice spondon or the triton...

sorry I missed you both bippo and beef, maybe you can make the salvation army toy run from the belle vue cinemas to the trafford centre in November...thats always a good rideout :thumb:

I have to admit, I'm gutted I couldn't make it - some cool looking bikes.

Now the Toy Run... Looks like cracking fun, I just Googled it! Can't find anything for this years event though?

bippo where abouts are you?

and as well as the salvation army run there is the roughley's one as well.

i have not done the salvation army one but have done the roughley's for the last five years.

it has a turn out of about 300 or so bikes, run from stockport harley shop to together trust and then to francis house hospice shop at lowry centre. a mass convoy no stopping for lights or juntions all marshalled by out riders and a real good day... all you do is turn up with a few little unwrapped pressies and follow the leaders, get to the stops aqnd give your pressies over have a brew/ chat and head to next stop.. do the same.

this years is december 9th.

sorry I missed this, I was Camping with the scouts.

must do the sally army run again as it was good fun.

Not done Roughley's yet!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online