Bikesafe

paulrever
This post is 4259 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Did it today with 3 great cops from PSNI, down at H.G. Newry.

Time very well spent on a freebie that money couldn't buy.

They gave me a really good run despite the 'R' plates, (restricted to 45mph........lose 'em on the 6th Sept,Ye - ha!). :hyper:

I'd recommend Bikesafe to anyone that's not yet done it.

Thank's to the Police service for this opportunity to gain an experience with such professional riders. :thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was it free? If it was you can't go wrong. I would think it will reduce your insurance as well. I'm not sure if it will be free in England.

I think you're right about England, but yes, free in Norn Iron, just fill your tank.

Complete the assessment and get a certificate, which apparantly reduces your insurance.

And more!!!

I was given a Bikesafe wooly hat....... :eusa_dance::lol:

You can't lose then, I bet it costs a bomb in England. It's a shame really because if it was free loads of people would do it which would reduce accidents.

I think you're right about England, but yes, free in Norn Iron, just fill your tank.

Complete the assessment and get a certificate, which apparantly reduces your insurance.

And more!!!

I was given a Bikesafe wooly hat....... :eusa_dance::lol:

The wooly hat did it for me ! Read yer post and was suitably impressed (cheers for posting). Have signed up for the next one with the boys of the PSNI !

The wooly hat did it for me !

How could you pass it up? :icon_cool:

Yeah Grouch, nothing to lose only a tank of fuel.

It's a shame if it does cost a bomb.

So much BS with new rules and regulations which, are supposed to make biking safer but only

push the price of biking up.

Yet, a free 90min bikesafe could achieve possibly more.

Just booked with my local plods and unfortunately have to go on a waiting list as there is no course at the moment, it's £25 a pop tho so I might get more than a wooly hat, Thanks for the posting. :jossun:

I did mine within 2 weeks of getting my first bike - have to say it's saved my life on more than one occasion. Things I wouldn't necessarily have thought about before let me see what was about to happen, and I still use the experience now.

On top of that, it was really good fun, and not too much money. Also learned a bit about how far you're allowed to 'bend' the law around here :D

Oh and I got a V-sponge and a little bike shaped stand pad thing.

Only downside is that my insurers won't take it into account...

Just booked with my local plods and unfortunately have to go on a waiting list as there is no course at the moment, it's £25 a pop tho so I might get more than a wooly hat, Thanks for the posting. :jossun:

£25 I was thinking it would cost a hell of a lot more than that. For that price it seems very tempting. Even if insurers don't take it into account it would be priceless for a beginner like me.

Go for it Grouch, anything that keeps you safe is a good idea, I've been riding since I was 15 and still find things that I didn't know, mind you that might be alzheimers of course, at my age you think you know it all & that's what gets you killed! :crazy:

Oh and I got a V-sponge and a little bike shaped stand pad thing.

Only downside is that my insurers won't take it into account...

Another incentive ! :biglaugha:

My insurance expires soon, interested to see if it's taken into account here in 'Norn Iron'.

Another incentive ! :biglaugha:

My insurance expires soon, interested to see if it's taken into account here in 'Norn Iron'.

I think axa may take it into account, I remember one company did for sure.

I really enjoyed my ride out with the psni, the guy was impressed at how much of the road I used for getting good sight in corners but said I shouldn't be so afraid of the white lines in the middle of the road.

I was incouraged to use the bikes performance and handling benefits as long as I did it safely.

I'll check out Axa, thanks Andy.

Nice one on your result :thumb:

The cop that assessed me was also impressed, said I was 100%, and keep doing it.

Another cop, who assessed my mate came over and told me I did really well.

It was way beyond my expectations.

Hey Mallory 1,

All the very best with it, come back and let us know. :luck:

Cheers Paul ..... 100% eh? No pressure then!!!

Just waiting for a date of the waiting list.