how things have changed

This post is 4268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks. just getting back into bikes at the grand old age of almost fifty, last rode a bike in 1982, never bothered to pass my test back then, was quite happy to tottle around on my gt 250, wish i had after disovering all about the hoops they expect you to jump through to get back on the road, just done my CBT and have started direct access, must admit though, thoroughly enjoying myself and love being back on two wheels.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey and welcome! I was talking to my neighbour today who told me about his test from back in the day - literally just had to ride round a car park left four times, and then right four times! Greatly different to now!

I too have just done my CBT, saving up for a 125 before I tackle my full test. Unlike you I don't have any previous biking experience but am also loving it! Well done for climbing back onto two wheels :)

Hi chairmouse,

I used to ride around on my old 125 for years on the "grandfathers licence" until they decided to abolish it by making it compulsary to take a test. So after taking it and passed I haven't looked back.

I quite often think if I was still limited to a 125 I wouldn't be able to go where I do now on my trusted divvy.

All the best for when you take your test.

Mike

LOL hi chairmouse yep way back in 1984 when I took my test ,,turn left,, turn right,, weave through ten road cones.. run it up to 3rd gear and stop for the sign the instructor put up in the parking lot. Did the writen and driving test in the same day no restrictions what so ever. I was 16yrs and 3 days old. Mind I had been riding dirt bikes 10 years already

My morotcycle licence was good for a beginers car licence so the following week I went and did the drive test in my moms car and passed I think we drove around 6 blocks and parrell parked,backed up 50 feet and that was it.

A few months later I was working and the guy I worked for gave me a 5 ton dump truck 10 speed split shift to go get my D licence same deal about the test over and done in a day.

Welcome back to 2 wheels and the YOC

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online