desperatly needing any and all help

firemansrl
This post is 4289 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I had a brother who died on a yamaha motorcycle in 1967 due to a car pulling out in front of him. I was only 2 years old when this happened. Through talking with my older brother the only information he could give me was that he had two yamahas a 80 cc and a 250cc scrambler is what he remembers, I was able to locate the accident report through my mom and on that document it said bike was a 1967 yamaha but did not list the cc's or model. It gave a serial # of u26-690, I do not know if that was a number off the bike or the license number. That number appeared on two different documents listing it as the serial number. I have tried searching that number and I can not find any info. If any of you could provide me with any information regarding what this bike was as far as cc's , model, colors it may have come in . I would like to try and find one of these either restored or a decent project to work on. you may send any info or pictures t o##### thanks

Edited by drewpy
you can get PM's which are safer for you bud ;o)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I might be pissing in the wind here, but as they say its far better to be on the train pissing out, than it is to be on the platform trying to piss in!

Fortunately the number of yamahas upto 1967 was finite!, there's not a lot of choice.

U prefix may have been the U5 scooter 1966 to 1968 or yamaha Newport 80cc Available in the US.

This shows a nicely restored blue one in the USA

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

These video shows a close up of the engine casing number on this 1967 model as something then 26 and numbers not disimilar to 26-four numbers.

if the bike was wrecked the engine casing may have been where they got the number from??

Thanks for all the help so far, I was able to get a little bit more information, My brother said he remembers that it was the 250cc bike that was what was in the accident and the color was red. I dod not know if this information will help. I am relying on you yamaha experts out there to help this mystery for me. Thanks again Scott

I think your on the right track , as the legendary DT1 never arrived till 1968 in the USA,

Not sure if it helps, but when I got my Yamaha YB100, I sent a letter to Yamaha Customer Service Department in the UK. They were able to confirm that the serial number I gave them was a specific model, when it was made, the year of first registration and the first plate it was registered with. I know that's the UK, but I'd imagine Yamaha in the US will have the same abilities. You could try firing a letter off to them or give them a call/email. From there you would be able to find out common colours etc.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/corporate/contactus.aspx

Hope that helps,

atocp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online