HELP ME- Carburettor

judobenjy1
This post is 4372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just bought a yamaha RXS 100cc 1990 and the Carburettor over flow pipe is leaking petrol alot when i turn the bike on. should i get a new carb or give it a good clean out? if i need to buy a new one where would i look?? i live in worcestershire and if anyone could help it would be very helpful. i love the bike and want to get it out on the road.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

The forum norm is to post a brief hello in the new members section, Your carb problem sounds like you have a sticking float valve a good strip and clean of the carb will probably solve the problem, some times a very light tap on the carb float bowl will re-seat the valve for a short time

see above post, an intro is essential if you are looking for positive responses, your problem appears to be a valve not seating or incorrect float seating, a good clean and blow through of the jets with compressed air would probable solve the non-seating valve issue but a good clean is well reccomended, from what i remember from a rpevious posts the carbs on this model may have plastic float bowl tangs which will not allow you to modify their height.

remove the float bowl and let us know what the condition is in the float bowl, otherwise th evalve and seat may be pitted or corroded

:eusa_think: As" wild foamy" has said, Its probably the shut off valve stuck open, this is closed by the float in the float bowl, the fuel enters the carb faster than the engine burns it, so, you have to have some kind of shut off valve to stop the fuel over flowing (which in your case it probably is) remove the carb unscrew the float bowl and check the valve under the float, it works the same as the float in a toilet cistern. all very simple, and welcome to the forum.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online