Panniers issue...

StephenD
This post is 4391 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, at the minute im going to work on my bike with my chain lock in a back pack and being heavy my back is feeling sore because of it, so im thinking of getting.panniers.

I have a YZF 125, what would you think was better a saddle bag, (im thinking one with two sides for the seat behind me)

or a tank bag?

Also is there a site worth going on to get them at low price? ( Bought some Alpinestar boots recently for £140 were meant to be £200 though so got a good deal, but still quite poor till pay day lol )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/fitments/Yamaha/1065-yzf_r125_y_.aspx

good compromise for the R125.

Tankbags are okay - but even if careful they can scratch the paint; especially so if you have something heavy like a chain and lock. I have one, but use it as a tail-pack. You could use soft-panniers, beware of them getting caught in the wheel or burning on the exhaust.

For a mere £20-£30 you can get a chain bag (aka chain/lock carrier).

It's a small, square zippered bag with two velcro straps - Wrap the straps around the pillion seat and the bag sits on top. Put the chain in there, job done.

Most places sell them and many chains even come with one.

I have two, myself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online