Caliper Overhall Sr125 - Oh god, please help me.

thomasrolewis
This post is 4386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news is I'm pretty sure It's not leaking anymore, it is ever so slightly from the nipple (I don't think I tightened it up enough.) However, piece of mind, I'm going to replace the whole front braking system anyway.

With this in mind, what do you think of the first link DirtyDT posted, does it look in working order? I messaged him and he said "It has not been tested". He quoted £15 shipping, is it worth it if I don't know the quality of the part?

Hi Thomas, looked at that link DT sent you, apart from the handle being ground down it looks ok BUT if it's had a trip down the road on the brake lever I would buy one of the other ones cos it will have had a lot of stress from being damaged the way it is might even have damaged the bolt/housing where the brake handle slots into. not saying it is damaged but the others were near perfect and not much more money. :eusa_doh:

..................With this in mind, what do you think of the first link DirtyDT posted, does it look in working order? I messaged him and he said "It has not been tested". He quoted £15 shipping, is it worth it if I don't know the quality of the part?

Twas just an example to say "look further afield". I have brought from all over the world. One 1 item from Canada so far has disappointed me. German stuff has always been very good - so far. I spent £100 yesterday on a NOS barrel for the TS from Germany. I just hope that that is as good as the rest of the stuff.

Any stuff you buy unseen will be a gamble but there are some good bargains out there.

After looking at this I decided to trawl ebay for breakers. I asked alot of people who posted up SR125 parts. And with a bit of luck I managed to get a response from a breaker who is breaking a 93 model. He has a whole front breaking system for me, he is going to send me some pics but he said he has never had any problems with it.

So hopefully that will do it. I mean, the bike is in far from in good condition (my friend laughs at me because there is always something going wrong, he boasts how his bike is perfect, he spent over £1000 for his 125 and I spent £350), but I will have so much spare time as of 2 weeks I think it would be nice to bring the bike up to it's former glory - that is, as much glory as a 125 has.

Everyone has got to learn somewhere right?

Good for you Thomas, DT is right that there are some good deals to be had on the net and it sounds like you have got yourself one with this latest bit of kit, stick with it and you can laugh at your mates £1000 bike. I do like a story with a happy ending. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online