SR 125/General Electrical knowledge help + disk break seized? Helppppp.

thomasrolewis
This post is 4130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys,

So I now I have got my SR125 running I decided to try and tackle the electronics to save myself some money. Originally the previous owner had replaced the wiring loom and not managed to get it working again (he was using the 84 manual, and it's completely different for my 93). Anyway, there were wires everywhere, one indicator came on but didn't flash and stuff.

For the past few days I have been staring at the wiring diagram and today I decided to take a go. I managed to get everything working except the horn and the lowbeam light (although the bulb has blown, so I might have fixed that). I managed to get the indicators working (the guy had put the back ones on, on the wrong sides *facepalm*). The only problem is that when I press the switch to the left, front and back left flash but the rightside warning light goes on. The opposite happens the other way.

I checked the relevant wires and they are right. I think what has happened is that the left indicators have been wired to the right warning light and the same on the other side. This makes sense right? If I take the speedo unit off and swap the wires they should be OK right? Also the horn doesn't work. But the wires leading to it are f**ked, so I'm going to buy some new wire and some little connectors and try to fix that.

OK so I tried to move the bike today and the brake had seized and I couldn't move it. I finally managed to get it unstuck but the wheel is really hard to spin around. When I push it the front squeaks. It has brake fluid to the right level, could it be my disk is bent? Or could it simply be the pads?

Thanks for the help guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK so I tried to move the bike today and the brake had seized and I couldn't move it.

You have said it all already, strip down time, or get another.

Hi Thomas check that the front wheel bearing is ok as well, it might not just be the brakes binding that's making it hard to turn the wheel. :jossun:

MMR good point. I got it out again and started it up, ran it up and down the drive a few times. Brakes actually seem OK. The bike was fine getting going and wasn't squeaking when I was on it. I'll check the brakes properly when I have someone else to help.

On the plus side got all the electrics except the horn working! I think the horn needs replacing personally. It's pretty rusted and stuff. Anyway I'll check that at a later date. I think the bike is almost fine to ride. Once I can ride it properly I can do more troubleshooting as some stuff like the engine running might clear up once it's being used again. Maybe?

• 8 months later...

I have a '91 SR 125 and for some reason I can't get my horn to work either! If you figure out why yours isn't working could you let me know please? The only thing I can think of left to do is buy mine a new horn... :-/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online