Self crashing suzuki...

Cynic
This post is 4401 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is one for the year round folk, i have said before about the suzuki i used to own.

Well it dumped its rider on the road over the weekend nobody and nothing else envolved, totally alone on the road, cause?

A front brake pad. Yep, thats it.

Corrosion had got behind the pad material and then, heat expansion maybe? something caused it to crack. Therafter a chunk came away and locked the front solid. Thankfully at about 15mph. The offending bits came out while stripping the front.

This i'm told produced a near vertical, anal clamping stoppie. Dumping my mate (thankfully in full kit) over the bars on the ground doing his ankle, then drops back to earth and politely leans its self against some poor sods parked car breifly before falling over and braking the footpeg. Jim was convinced for a moment that the whole 230kg was going to go right over the top onto him, that WOULD have hurt.

Anybody running with rusty looking brake pads? eh? nervous? Got to be worth checking.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks cynic, going out to look NOW!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online