DT 400mx

spoiley
This post is 4063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone didnt see that there was a separate setion for enduros -

Ive just become the proud owner of DT 400mx and was wondering if anyone can tell me if, in general, spares are relatively easy to get hold of as i'm going to need shed loads if i want to get the bike back to a good condition and if they are expensive relative to other makes/type?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome spoily" :welcome: the Mx400 wasn"t a popular seller back in the 70"s, parts can be hard to find, [ exhausts, CDI, ETC] pattern indicators are availible.,

post up pics ,

I'd hardly put DT175's in the rare as rocking horse shit pile, compared to my TDR they are 10 a penny.

Thanks for the replies - will have to get this one sorted first and then hopefully find a 175, in the not to distant future.

• 1 month later...

also have a DT400mx, got last year from the states. so far I've had no problem getting spares for it, most stuff can be found on e-bay. rex's speed shop do new CDI packs, pattern parts are easy to get from yambits(www.yambits.com)

my bike was imported by a company called yuniparts up in Derby. very nice people who re-manufacture parts for old yamahas, and do a lot of 'hens teeth ' parts. (www.yuniparts.com)

both these company's can be found on e-bay. Another good company is redrose- retrobikes .co.uk.

the only parts that are difficult to get,and are very rare, are the throttle cable top and bottom sections ,and the plastic connector that attaches them together. took me a long time to find these,and got them from the states. be warned,though. as you can no longer use these bikes in the USA, the parts that they have, are starting to go up.

another good bit to get is an oil pump, these are also rare. point to note, DT250 parts which are easy to get hold of, also may fit your bike.

• 9 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online