XVS 950 Cruiser Lift / Stand

AndyBuk
This post is 4433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Quick question:

Does anyone have any experience with a lift / stand for a cruiser? I am really looking to keep the bike upright (so that I can install some goodies) rather than lifting it off the ground (however if the price isn't too bad, then something that can do both would be beneficial).

Thanks,

Andrew.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take a look at the Sealey website for the Sealey MPS2 Two Arm Centre Stand. Works really well on my 1300 Midnight Star. Much cheaper than a standard lift. You can use it to lift either the front or the back and it is rock solid.

The lift is adjustable. On the 1300, with the lowest lift setting, the rear wheel is only an inch off the ground and the bike is rock solid as both the lift and the frame are fairly wide. However this bike is 304kg. With a lighter bike using a higher lift setting the risk would of course rise. However, if it's just to get the wheel off the ground then this is a very good solution. The other plus point is that there are no working parts and the length of the operating bar is such that the effort to raise the bike is very low.

If it's just to keep the bike straight and one wheel only just off the floor use one of these:

http://vstar1300.pbworks.com/w/page/5760709/Motorcycle%20Lifts

Cost me about £15 to make and well easy to use (though helpful if you can get someone to support the bike when lifting/lowering)

If it's just to keep the bike straight and one wheel only just off the floor use one of these:

http://vstar1300.pbw...orcycle%20Lifts

Cost me about £15 to make and well easy to use (though helpful if you can get someone to support the bike when lifting/lowering)

excellent post

:thumb:

I went for the Sealey MPS4 Four Arm Centre Stand for a bit of extra piece of mind. I'll let you know what I think of it after it arrives.

I'd have suggested a proper, full-on bike jack, myself. I've done the block o' wood thing more'n a few times, but known too many accidents. You can get some decent proper jacks for less than £60.

I went for the Sealey MPS4 Four Arm Centre Stand for a bit of extra piece of mind. I'll let you know what I think of it after it arrives.

When I chose the 2 arm it was because I wasn't sure about the distance between the two arms and the 1300 has the engine bottom slightly below the frame - which renders the normal bike lift unusable. With the 2 arm you can choose your spot (provided you only want one end lifted of course).

When I chose the 2 arm it was because I wasn't sure about the distance between the two arms and the 1300 has the engine bottom slightly below the frame - which renders the normal bike lift unusable. With the 2 arm you can choose your spot (provided you only want one end lifted of course).

You were right Bulldog2, I set up the 4 arm and I wasn't happy that it wasn't going to rest on the engine etc, so I took half of it off (making it a 2 arm) and I was much happier. As you say it appears to be solid as a rock.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online