An even bigger hello from the Isle of Wight!

This post is 4424 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all members!

My name is Alex, and I am now on my second yamaha, the first sadly met with an un-timed ending but we shall not speak about that, the second is a beauty from 1986, a yx radian 600cc, I picked it up along with a FZ600 (english counterpart) engine and frame for the grand price of £600, had about 30k miles on the clock at the time. This is my first "bigger" bike so to speak as although I have been driving several bikes for about 3 years, I have only just (4 months ago) passed my full test.

A little about me, I love anything with a petrol engine, currently studing engineering at Uni, though am on a placement year at the moment. I was chatting to a few guys at my local garage the other day and they suggested to go hunting for a motorbike owners club. It had never even occured to me that such things existed, shows how little I know! Anyway here I am, and before I start asking questions I thought I would show my face so to speak!

I am quite happy with the electric side of things (thanks to my degree) however beyond some basic tinkering, and a little fafing around with an air-compressor and sprayer all my knowledge is in other fields. But as with all things a logical approach, the clymer yamaha manual and cup of tea should hopefully get me the distance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online