How to remove label off petrol tank?

dand
This post is 4426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've put up with it for long enough, but now the "read owners manual" label on my tank is starting to annoy me.

I've taken the waterproof layer off the top of it. And I've picked at it with my finger nails but it's bloody stubborn.

Has anyone else got any suggestions, I don't want to damage my paintwork trying something stupid

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

WD40 may help, as it will remove stickyness left by labels, not sure if it would do any damage to your paintwork though, maybe someone else will know that.

Well I haven't got the label off yet, the bits that I have, haven't left much of a mark that I couldn't wipe off with a cloth, it's just a very stubborn label :(

+1 nice hot hair dryer followed by a soft plastic scraper like credit card type thing followed by meth spirit to remove sticky stuff. no harm will come to the paint work unless you are rough with the plastic scraper.

But def start off by heating the little bugger up with the missus's hair dryer, fantastic bit of kit! i used her's in doors one to help dry my wrinkle finish black paint lol

I used the wifes new xmas pressy hairdryer to un-freeze the diesel filter on me Renault Kangoo Van in February, we had freeky low temperatures one Saturday night where I live of -19C

See a hair drier is the next thing to go into a mans tool box lol

Years ago I used my sister's nail varnish remover to take badges off the car (then washed it straight away), it didn't leave any marks or discoloration to the paintwork. Not sure if this is good advice or not though lol.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online