Virago XV125 regulator/rectifier

Chris_Lowe
This post is 4453 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have issues with my current reg/rec and was wondering (as ive never done anything bike related before), is it something I can fix myself or is it a matter of it just being plain knackered and needing swapping straight out for a new one? I dont want it to cost alot as its only a bike i intend on keeping until I pass the full test

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

TA DA!!!!!!

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/xv_125_virago/97-00/picture/regulator_rectifier/

Un plug and un bolt old one,

Bolt on and plug in new one.

Job is Jobbed like a job job!

right ive just located and removed the reg/rec, why is the whole thing covered in a blueish white powder? Ill assume its not meant to be like that? What do people think of the above link? Im always dubious of buying from abroad even though its a japanese bike :)

Nice cheers, is there a way to meter a reg/rec to make sure that it is definitely the cause of my headache?

why are you asking this again?? phildawson kindly posted you a link how to check it in your other thread

awaiting a new reg/rec to be delivered now, thanks for all your advice!! hmm the powder stuff is a mystery then, its well and truly caked in the shite, need a knofe to scrap it all off!! looks like a weird sort of calcification

Its not good to have that on your electrical connectors, leads to failure.Try coating connectors with vaseline/srpay with Wd40 oc ACF50 or somehting similar to prevent it building up

Its not good to have that on your electrical connectors, leads to failure.Try coating connectors with vaseline/srpay with Wd40 oc ACF50 or somehting similar to prevent it building up

its not on the connectors but on the heatsink fins on the reg/rec itself. well it was until i got bored at work earlier and soaked the fins in coke and now its looking sparkly!! what is that stuff?

Reg/rec came through in a week from Hong Kong, fitted it this morning, let the bike idle and the meter reading on the battery crept up to about 14.5v so i am one happy camper! Thanks to everyone for your help and advice its been much appreciated

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online