Beef with a Dealer

Morpheuz
This post is 4498 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya all,

Got some worries here, bought a bike from a dealer, the bikes description said delivery to anywhere in the uk...

Upon paying, I was given the couriers number to get a quote, of 95 quid, so thats a firm "I'm paying for it"

The bike was £1,895... 95 on the end is making me suspicious, I would have thought a description saying "Item delivered to anywhere in the UK" would mean.... he gets it delivered to me upon buying.

Am I right to think this?

Getting all psyched up on this.

Cheerz for any input.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Righto, will try that out, if he declines, then what can I do, he didn't actually delcare he would pay, but yeah I could have found my own.

I will Screen Shot it, but what do I do with the SS if he declines, he could worm out of any accusation.

ive done screenshots for you .

as far as i'm concerned they implied they will deliver anywhere in uk, if it had said delivery can be arranged it moght be another matter.

as i said you should talk to them, be firm but polite and say thats one of the things that attracted you...as it obviously was!

Cheerz for your input, yeah, I've paid, I should hear from him today, I'll mention it first, if he declines, I might just ask for a refund, see if he back peddles...

If he dont, then hes never gunna accept it, and may aswell ask for the bike to be sent, if I can review the site somewhere, I'll give it bad feedback.

Other than that, I still need the bike.

Hi Morph, OG is right of course about being polite but you must be firm about the delivery, it shows in the details that the bike is sold WITH delivery and the extra bits (helmet gloves etc) as being extra to the original cost so by implication the delivery is part of the deal unless otherwise stated (which it's not) stand firm and let him know your not happy about the extra cost you might just swing a concession from him, if all else fais tell him your a member of the YOC and you will do a writeup of his sharp practice, you never know it might help sway him to drop the delivery charge.

PS DT is right as well distance selling regs are pretty strict so fire them at him.