Radiator Coolant

dand
This post is 4496 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I got a radiator cover for my XJ6 for xmas. In order to change it I have to disconnect and drain radiator.

Just want to know before I do this if bikes need any specific anti-freeze/coolant, or whether I can just use the pre-mixed stuff from halfords etc.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes yuo can use the premix from Halfrauds if you like paying for the same stuff you get from your tap WATER , buy the concentrate and mix it yourself 50/50 with water no stronger as it looses effectiveness after that

merv

Filled it up, started her up, let her tick over for 5 mins, let her cool down, topped her up as it has dragged some through the pipes. Seemed to be running a little warmer but maybe cos it was just on tickover in my garage....

Rain water aint good either, its better than tap water but it still contains macronutrients apparently....

Distilled or de-ionised whatever they call it and a good coolent, normally at 50/50, maintains a nice pressure and protection.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online