Freezing Fingers!

Twisted2004
This post is 6995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I ride to and from work on my bike everyday. My only problem (other than cars who are stuck in traffic not moving anywhere who block up the gaps so i can't filter through)....is my fingers and damn near falling off by the time i get to work or home.

I'm on my bike for about 45mins, most of the journey is at 40-50mph and the rest is filtering through traffic.

i wear a pair of those wind proof/thermal gloves and a pair of thicker waterproof gortex type gloves. I also have hand guards on the handle bars.

I almost pray to come to a stop and traffic lights so that i can warm my fingers on the exhaust manifold!!

what am i doing wrong? is it just me or is bloody freezin!!!!!!

I was gonna buy a new helmet the month, but i may have to invest in some serious gloves!

Thoughts? Am i the only one? is it my cheap gloves? is it the weather?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I ride to and from work on my bike everyday. My only problem (other than cars who are stuck in traffic not moving anywhere who block up the gaps so i can't filter through)....is my fingers and damn near falling off by the time i get to work or home.

I'm on my bike for about 45mins, most of the journey is at 40-50mph and the rest is filtering through traffic.

i wear a pair of those wind proof/thermal gloves and a pair of thicker waterproof gortex type gloves. I also have hand guards on the handle bars.

I almost pray to come to a stop and traffic lights so that i can warm my fingers on the exhaust manifold!!

I was gonna buy a new helmet the month, but i may have to invest in some serious gloves!

Thoughts? Am i the only one? is it my cheap gloves? is it the weather?

Have you thought about getting some heated grips? They're about same price as a decent pair of gloves ;)

I ride to and from work on my bike everyday.

I wear a pair of those wind proof/thermal gloves and a pair of thicker waterproof gortex type gloves. I also have hand guards on the handle bars.

I can relate to this Oh too well Twisted. ;)

Sounds like you've taken all the right precautions :unsure: .....

I think Alan has a valid point about the heated grips......could do the trick. ;)

• Admin

You can also get them furry hand warmer type things that fit around the end of the bars :unsure:

You can also get heated gloves, they're a bit more expensive than grips but at least they warm all of your hand not just the palms!

• Admin

Thinking about it, why not save some money and just squeeze some deep heat in them B)

I'm on a tight budget with my bike so heated grips may over kill! Out of curiousity how heated is heated? Cus its mainly my finger tips that a falling off not my palms!!

Thinking about it, why not save some money and just squeeze some deep heat in them  B)

:lol::lol::lol: I like your thinking!!

I may have to go with the furry cover thingys, so i can take them off in the summer.

....although it may minus points from my street cred! Sayin that, how much street cred can you have with a 1988 DT125 LC that doesnt idle!!

I'm on a tight budget with my bike so heated grips may over kill! Out of curiousity how heated is heated? Cus its mainly my finger tips that a falling off not my palms!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: I like your thinking!!

I may have to go with the furry cover thingys, so i can take them off in the summer.

....although it may minus points from my street cred! Sayin that, how much street cred can you have with a 1988 DT125 LC that doesnt idle!!

Not a lot ;):rolleyes:

Yep.....you need a good set of Hippo Hands.....may look funny on a 125, but @ least you'll still have thawed fingertips. ;)

Yep.....you need a good set of Hippo Hands.....may look funny on a 125, but @ least you'll still have thawed fingertips. ;)

......hippo hands its is then!

£15 + p&p from M&P!

• Admin

:D ...But @ least you won't have anymore frost-biten extremeties. ;)

Or if so one of these may help :lol:

one-eyed-monster.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've got heated grips on mine, they're nice and warm for you palms but the outside of the hand still gets cold. However I've also bought some Heated gloves gtom GIALA you can either get a complete heated glove or a heated glove line that you put on and then your normal gloves over the top, but the liner version doesn;t wrap under the finger tips like the heated glove does. I've had mine almost 2 years and had a slight problems with the wiring I sent it back to them on Tuesday and by Thurday I had replacment cable back at mine, now that's what I call a good service from the 2yr guarentee. If you need any more info on these just ask !!