DT125LC Mk1 & Mk2 - 2 Stroke Oil Tank

PICTURE_MAN36
This post is 4532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.. I am currently sourcing parts to renovate an '86 / C DT125LC Mk2.

The bike was bought in 'field bike' condition, and its my intention to return it to road use, once restored. As per usual, the 2 stroke tank has been removed, and is no longer present. I have a parts manual for a DT125LC II, and a part number, and have spoken with the local dealer, who can source me a tank from Japan, however I need to buy all the associated, clips, hoses, sensors etc to go with the tank, which will make it a costly exercise if I have to buy new.

I have just seen a 2nd hand tank from a DT125LC Mk1, which looks amazingly similar.

Does anyone have a parts manual, or know where I can source a parts manual for a DT125LC to enable me to cross reference the part numbers?

My tank should be part number 34X-21751-00 although I understand that its been subsequently superceded with another part number...

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks...I've seen this part, and it does look similar to the part in the DT parts manual I have for my mark 2. Been caught out before. I recently bought a rear light, which does not fit, so I wanted to get a definative yes/no before I bought something that did not fit (again).

Thanks

or how about this online parts manual for the DT125LC mk2

http://www.megazip.ru/ru/bike/yamaha/view/435/13640/164702#g164702

and this is the part 34X-21751-00 you need, item no 1

http://www.megazip.ru/ru/bike/yamaha/view/435/13640/164702#g157204

so its not english,............heh can't have everything!!

I'd be inclined to copy and paste ALL the pictures onto your PC......... :xmas: