Bloody Bike!!!

This post is 6933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As you know, i've just got my bike sorted.

Well all was good, done about 70miles on it driving round london. The only problem was my fingers were freezing about 430pm today i thought i'd pop to the motorbike shop and get some inner thermal gloves and maybe to nice winter ones

.....anyway the bike would start!! Took checked the lines, checked the plug, no joy!

....so i thought F@~K it, there must be something wrong with the carb. Took it to bits quickly and put it back together and the bikes starts but revs like a bitch. Adjusted the cable and now all good.

now, i'm going down the road thinking the bike feels sluggish, i conclude in my head that its cus i've messed the carb and its running a bit lean...........NO......i'm going left on a round about and the bike just falls out from beneath me (like the road had ice on it) but no bloody ice and a dry road!!! after rolling down the road and banging my knee, i get up and find out the front brake is seized!!

Can't push it anywhere cus the front brakes on, so i had to knock on a random door and ask for some pliers to release the bleed nipple to let the pressure out!

very pissed off, no idea why its done that, gonna need to have a look at the weekend

why didnt it start?? Why did the brake seize?? when will this end????

(no need to reply to these questions, i'm just venting)

BLOODY BIKE!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those mechanical failure phenomenon's :blink: ....sorry to hear of that Twisted

When the bike wouldn't start.....did it turn over @ all, or did it seem fuel related?

Thanks people, just woken up today with a little spain in my wrist and a sore knee, nothing life threatning.

I dont think theres any damage, i was only going really slow, but saying that, it was quite dark.

hopefully i havent bent the front disc or handle bars I'll go bloody spare if i have!!!

they bike not starting did seem fuel related. What i thought was a dodge was there was no overflow coming out of the carb when trying to start it. So i concluded that either a piped was blocked or the floats werent working working correctly.

It would try to tick over but when i gave it a little throttle it just cut out. It seemed like the carb was getting flooded. It seemed a bit strange cus it was running fine the night before. Are these the type of reliablity problems people complain about with 2 strokes compared to 4 strokes?

Thoughts??

Clean that carb out & make sure there's no debri in the float seat & plunger.....that'll make it flood for sure. ;) .......Maybe add an inline fuel filter between the tank & carb too?......Just a thought :)

• Admin

Check the seals around the side of the airfilter to make sure that nothing is passing around the airfilter and blocking the jets

...Are these the type of reliablity problems people complain about with 2 strokes compared to 4 strokes?

Thoughts??

Nah. Those type of reliability 'problems' come from when people think they can make a 2 stroke 'better' by doing stuff like fitting K&N-type filters, and then getting the jetting wrong. It generally ends in (expensive) tears following a seizure. I think what you've got is more likely to be age/weather related than anything else.

Mick.

when was the front brake last bled?if it hasnt or it has been a long time it is possible the water that forms in brake fluid over a period of time could have froze so when you applied the front brake it wouldnt release due to a blockage,lust because it was above freezing it doesnt mean there will be no frost or freezing,windchill can lower the temp by several degrees

when was the front brake last bled?if it hasnt or it has been a long time it is possible the water that forms in brake fluid over a period of time could have froze so when you applied the front brake it wouldnt release due to a blockage,lust because it was above freezing it doesnt mean there will be no frost or freezing,windchill can lower the temp by several degrees

It was bled quite recently, a couple of weeks ago i think. But that could be a possibility.

I'm going open up the caliper again and have a look. I'm also going to change the brake line because its quite old and may have never been changed in the bikes entire life. MandP.com have a 20% discount on goodridge metal braided lines until the 29th Jan.

THE SAGA CONTINUES!!! :angry::angry:<_<<_<

(I'll try and not make as many typos in this post as the first)

So......the brake failed on Tuesday and it wouldnt start.

Sunday morning woke up and attacked the brake. Opened everything up again and gave it all a good clean, rebled with fresh fluid. Brake works a treat!

Fixed an inline fuel filter, all seems fine. Go for a little ride to make sure everything is ok. All seems fine, so i take the long way home......bad idea....the bike breaksdown! :(

Won't rev past 2000rpm with the throttle fully open, tons of blue smoke pooring out the exhaust, the bike aint going anywhere and i'm miles from home :angry::angry:

Call a mate who lives near by and get him to have a look, no joy. So i start problem solving, after removing the carb found out that a small piece had come loose inside, screw it back in and hey presto the bikes fine!!! :D

This bloody bike is a pain in the arse, I feel just to get a new one and stop messing about!!!

By the way, the fuel filter didnt work properly either, once connected to the carb the fuel wouldnt flow! ....so its back to the direct tube!! :(:(

So i start problem solving, after removing the carb found out that a small piece had come loose inside, screw it back in and hey presto the bikes fine!!!  :D 

By the way, the fuel filter didnt work properly either, once connected to the carb the fuel wouldnt flow! ....so its back to the direct tube!! :(  :(

Does that small piece have anything to do with the Float assy.?.......could be why it's running the way you described. ;)

Is it possible you installed the fuel filter in Backwards?.......(look for an arrow on the filter indicating the direction of flow)......Definitely makes a difference......just a thought ;)

THE SAGA CONTINUES!!! :angry::angry:  <_<  <_<

Won't rev past 2000rpm with the throttle fully open, tons of blue smoke pooring out the exhaust, the bike aint going anywhere and i'm miles from home  :angry:  :angry:

Call a mate who lives near by and get him to have a look, no joy. So i start problem solving, after removing the carb found out that a small piece had come loose inside, screw it back in and hey presto the bikes fine!!!  :D 

This bloody bike is a pain in the arse, I feel just to get a new one and stop messing about!!!

Ah, sounds like the main jet unscrewed itself. Not entirely unheard of. Don't give up on the bike (yet). You've got the brake sorted, and it's running now. Maybe give it a good going over when you've got the time?

Mick.

I'll try not to give up, just gotta perceiver with yet. Thanks any way.

I've rode into work today in rush hour traffic on it, which was interestin....

...i tried to start yesterday morning, but it wouldnt start!

(the weather was quite cold though)

any recommendations on how to get it started on a cold mornin?

Ah, sounds like the main jet unscrewed itself. Not entirely unheard of. Don't give up on the bike (yet). You've got the brake sorted, and it's running now. Maybe give it a good going over when you've got the time?

Mick.

It was the piece that screws into the bottom of the main jet in the float chamber.

I'm gonna give the carb ANOTHER overhaul when i get the new standard air filter element.

As for the fuel filter....hmmmmm....i put it on the right way but fuel won't go through it when its connected to the carb!

If i disconnect the tube going to the carb fuel flows no problems! very strange.

Seems like the carb is forming an air block.

Here is the fuel filter i attached.

Where i've indicated on the following pic is where there is an arrow pointing to the right.

....so that must be the way fuel flows through right??

5.jpg

4.jpg

any suggestions??

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online