Bike gathering to stop PC Plod

Noise
This post is 4483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

Well not sure if you have heard but Mr government and PC Plod are planning to stop us from modifing our bikes, i dont just mean us that completely change the bike but you wont even be able to put different tyres on it! if they are built with Bridgestones then you can not change them to any thing else (so i have heard)

If you are up for a meet and a good old british protest (no rioting tho) then if your a southener or willing to travel to Podimore roundabout services on the A303 (Podimore Roundabout, Yeovilton, Somerset BA22 8, United Kingdom) then your more than welcome. I will update with a time but its this Sunday 25th Sept 2011.

Pop up a reply if your interested then im sure we can meet up some where on the A303 and have a convoy down?

All the best

Keith

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry didnt see that thread lol

I shall now re-take my place in the corner.

it aint the gov or the police its the EU so take your issues up with the EU . the polices hands are tied if it comes into play as they dont have a say whether they wanna use it or not the gov tell the police what they can and cant do in the world of policing. one thing that ticks me off is people blaiming police for stuff like this police are robots and have no say over things like this.

As stated, i stand corrected and will say sorry for posting sh*t, if it needs to be done to stop future conflictions with the other thread that i missed or future dramas with me again getting the wrong information from another person who told me it was this saturday not Sunday and it was about the police not the EU then please remove this thead and we can pretend it never existed. ;o)

Rgds

Keith

Thanks mate, least the people wont be sitting at Podimore on the wrong date lol.

So are many of your guys going to this shin dig? hopefully i can get the bobber fixed n i can go but all depends how long it takes to get these fender stays made up etc.

You thinking of riding out from Podimore, Noise?

I should be able to sneak away from the garden/housework Nazi (missus) long enough for the ride out.

Not sure how many will be there as its a recent addition to the list since I last looked.

Before I went to Canada 3 weeks ago I was planning on the Taunton services meet as it was closest at the time. Podimore suits me much more.

Hey mate Not 100% im gunna be able to make it as im trying to get these ba*tard fender stays fabbed up but prooving to be a pain in the arse! i do have some 4mm think ally so i could make up a set of tempory ones just for this meet but i will message you on here at 1900hrs tonight to conferm if i am or not.

Sorry for the late posts and reply.

All the best

Keith

• 3 months later...

Pretty sure it only effects new bikes afterthe date the law is passed (i think, dont quote me) as they are now being made with catilic converters and all the other eco/safty gumph (not that im against more safty stuff) Because say that you own an old BSA or Norton for example and you buy it as a "shed find non runner" then your gunna have no choise in fitting non manufacter fitted parts to get it back on the road. So if the law is passed on every bike on the road then you wont be able to restor your belovid old british bikes. (or any other old bike)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online