Piston and Rings Replacement Help!!!!!

wormsworld76
This post is 4598 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys,

I have been rebuilding an RT1 360 for a while now and I am at the point of replacing the piston and rings. The cylinder wall looks good so I just want to put the same size piston and rings in but I am having trouble identifying the size of the piston. On the top of the piston, next to the arrow it has a #75 stamped in it. Opposite of that is #8025. Can anyone tell me if this is a standard (stock) piston or is it an oversized piston. Thanks!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

#75 could mean .75m oversize?

You can measure it with some calipers or take it to a machinist to check it.

Gordo

after measuring with a micrometer.....the inside diameter of the cylinder is 80.35mm and the piston is 80.15mm to 80.25 mm. So I am thinking that this piston is a .25os. Now I know that there needs to be about a .35 or less difference between cylinder wall and piston. Would it be safe to say that this is a .25os piston....i dont want to say the other guys are wrong but I dont want to purchase the wrong size piston ya know!!! Thanks

I think you will find the guys are correct in saying it should be .75 oversize

However are you sure the numbers are #75 and not # 25

Cheers TTB

What's 75 thou of an inch in mm?

just under 2mm.... could it mean seven and a half thou?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online