Pissed Off

Alan
This post is 7055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm waiting for a shed to be delivered so that my pride and joy has somewhere dry to live. At 5am today I was woken up by a noise outside. My beloved Exup was lying on its side on the lawn - a victim of these 80mph winds! The wind had got under the cover and caused the bike to fall to the right. I can't see any damage but shall have a look when it gets light :angry::cry2:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's pretty Damn windy Alan! :blink:

I know what that feels like though......makes your just ache to see your bike laying on it's side :crying: ....wondering what kind of damage you'll have to be tending to next :unsure:

I seem to have got away pretty lightly.

Apart from mud on the r/h bar end weight, brake lever,footrest and rear brake pedal which will obviously wash off, there's a crack (about 3inches long) in the nose fairing panel just above the indicator. Nothing else seems to be damaged - there's nowt bent. Hopefully I shall be able to repair the fairing from behind.

Compared to my old Gixer (that got pushed over) it's nothing. These Yams are built more robustly!

It's a bugger when that happens. Glad there wasn't too much damage though Alan.

My RD400 also got uncovered in the night, pissing rain and high winds. I haven't got the top end on it yet so now I have a crankcase full of rainwater :(

These things are sent to try us Alan :angry:

KEEF.

My RD400 also got uncovered in the night, pissing rain and high winds. I haven't got the top end on it yet so now I have a crankcase full of rainwater  :(

These things are sent to try us Alan  :angry:

KEEF.

Keef

I think if that were my bike I'd be bouncing off the walls by now!

been lucky here, got fazer 600 + gpz 900 + wifes ped, although cover came off no damage to any, think large shed is on shopping list this year as well

kev4955

know exactly how you feel guys. the winds last night were terrible!!! still are actually! luckily my klr and my dads diversion stayed upright. we'd secured them as best we could last night and thankfully it worked. we've both had our bikes blown over in the past and it's not nice :angry:

What's the matter with you people haven't you got sitting rooms? ;)

Yeah But it's full of furniture :blink: Actually it's still safer to park bike outside especially with 4 sprogs, a demented dog and 2 moggies in the house. I did suggest to her indoors that I should park bike in the house but that went down like a fat bird at a wife swopping party :huh:;):D:wacko:

the bars are too wide. believe me i've tried! :lol:

Maybe it's just that your doorways are too narrow? :D

I know a few friends with wide-barred Hardley's that always keep thier bikes in the living room!.....Bikers Creed you know. ;)B)

Hi,

My mate JC has one of them hardley dickenson things, funny but the wind didn't blow that lump of scrap over. Apparently it's the power to WEIGHT ratio.

Sorry to hear about the bikes going over though, it's a shit when it happens

:(

I did suggest to her indoors that I should park bike in the house but that went down like a fat bird at a wife swopping party :huh:  ;)  :D  :wacko:

pmsl :P

had an old cb 550 in the front room once, first house, first wife, not got either of them now, moved on to newer models on both fronts, hope the bikes ok tonight, winds dropped in notingham hope its good down yours

kev4955

I used to live on my own, every winter most of ZX6 went in the spare bedroom. Reasonable to me, however, the 1st winter my better half moved in l am wondering upstairs with the fairing when the better half inquires as to what l think i'm doing. Putting it in the bedroom as normal love. Fine she say's no problem, which bedroom is my horse going in! BOLLOCKS back down stairs l went fairing in hand.

Heater in the garage now for my beloved R1, The horse is still in it field though.

:P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online