Putting air in tyres

Stefan1967
This post is 4665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have just registered here and just bought an XJ6 FA after being away from biking for...nearly 20 years!

Great bike to get back on, loving it!

My problem is putting air in my tyres!, should be simple?

I went to my local petrol station and although the nozzle of their air pump is angled I had real trouble getting past the brake discs and the cast arms on the wheels to put air in.

Am I missing something? Or do I really have to buy my own?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stefan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

buy an angled adaptor.

give us an intro in the newbies section please?

I use a pushbike pump, seriously. Not the oldy world thing you used to find on the cross bar but a propper 2 handed high volume plunger job. You know one looks like an old fasioned dynamite plunger from the cartoons.

Anyway its designed for mountain bikes and goes up to 80psi, use it for the car, caravan, bike everything that needs air. They are about 30quid in halfo#ds. Makes bike tyres easy, esp as they should be done cold.

i recommend not bothering with the bent valves as they dont work very well left me stranded with no air

most bike dealers will beable to get hold of a tube or a valve that is bent in the factory

I use a pushbike pump, seriously. Not the oldy world thing you used to find on the cross bar but a propper 2 handed high volume plunger job. You know one looks like an old fasioned dynamite plunger from the cartoons.

Anyway its designed for mountain bikes and goes up to 80psi, use it for the car, caravan, bike everything that needs air. They are about 30quid in halfo#ds. Makes bike tyres easy, esp as they should be done cold.

I do too cynic, i said a foot pup but in reality i use one 'o' them ;)

They are know as 'Track pump'

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online