Back Where I Started

This post is 4671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Forum Members! I've been riding bikes since 1970, dirt and street. The first bike I purchased was a 1978 XS400 and rode the bike a lot. Dealt with the ignition issues and after that it was a very fun little bike. I moved up in engine size from there and have owned over 20 bikes since then. I have Motorcycle A.D.D. Well, this week I found a nice 1980 XS400 that has had a decent cafe job done to it and got back on one. While I enjoy the cafe look, I am looking forward to sorting the bike and riding it locally. My current "other" bike is a ZX14, which sports 180hp at the crank and 170hp at the rear wheel. Back in the day, we never really had hp numbers on these little bikes, but the info I see now shows 38hp, give or take.

It's not always the blinding hyper warp speed that brings enjoyment. The ZX needs no upgrades and very little maintenance. The XS is going to be my pet project for some time to come. This summer, I'm gonna just ride it as it is and get it as reliable as I can before doing some clean up work. I look forward to hanging out with the forum members and hope you all have a great riding summer!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

after some of the c--p been going on lately,nice to see a proper intro,and welcome.

Now THAT is a decent intro!!

Welcome!!