engine conversion

danzley0
This post is 4682 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Study this diagram carefully

Intake_01_HighPressure.jpg

Is it one of those magic eye pics? :blink:

Some 125 and 250 parts seem to be shared but there seems so little info on the 125 I think that it would be a nightmare.

In an ideal world you could just buy a 250 engine and hope it bolts on. Easier than seeing if it is just the barrels, pistons and conrods that are different.

I think it would be a case of surfing to see if anyone has done it and if it is a drop in I am happy to meet up and help. Not volunteering to change the barrels, too much messing about.

as far as i can tell i think it would just mean new cylinder head and block

everything else seems to be the same maybe a brake upgrade ;)

and thanks for the offer DT might take you up on that just sourcing parts and advice at the minute though

Some 125 and 250 parts seem to be shared but there seems so little info on the 125 I think that it would be a nightmare.

In an ideal world you could just buy a 250 engine and hope it bolts on. Easier than seeing if it is just the barrels, pistons and conrods that are different.

I think it would be a case of surfing to see if anyone has done it and if it is a drop in I am happy to meet up and help. Not volunteering to change the barrels, too much messing about.

In the immortal words of Scotty on the star ship enterprise " the crrank cannae tek it capn" :blink:

In typically cautious fashion, my view is be cautious.

Are you able to ride said 250 legally?

You currently have a working bike, a failed project may leave you without one at all.

Parts may be difficult to come by (in good order)

Spend any funds available for conversion on a 250 restoration job, then have 2 bikes of flog the 125 to recoup cash.

In any case, best of luck with it, let us know how you progress :)

as far as i can tell i think it would just mean new cylinder head and block

everything else seems to be the same ......................

Trying to swap everything on the top end will be a nightmare, timing and the like. Isn't there a nice 250 complete engine for sale? I brought a TS250 engine for under £100 the other week. Just the gaskets and stuff will probably make it cheaper to put a whole lump in.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online