New here

This post is 4679 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Saying "Hi" from the states, I stopped by to seek some wiring help on my '78 DT125 so I could get my bike running. It's going to be my summer ride to save money on gas (petrol for you guys over the pond B) )

It doesn't need to be a race winner, just a bike to get me into town (about a 6 mile drive / 15 kilometers?) to pay my bills, haul small stuff (like a roll of welding wire for the MIG Welder). Eventually I'll be replacing the top end on the 125 with a MX175 top end to squeeze a little more power out of the bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome dusted, the DT125 is a popular model , an easy convert to 175 ,,

Welcome dusted, the DT125 is a popular model , an easy convert to 175 ,,

Thats what some people on another forum (for 4x4 trucks) told me too. Which is great, because I have an addiction to squeezing more power out of stuff. Mostly Cars/Trucks, the occasional ATV/Fourwheeler, and once upon a time a Riding Mower (lol)

I'll have to upload some pics of the bike when i get a chance. I currently have it torn down (body parts/fenders, gas tank & side covers removed) to paint the bike and finish up the 12 Volt Conversion. I'm almost done with the paint, went from the original faded Green to an Electric Blue with the sides of the gas tank (petrol tank) in the original green. It stands out just enough to be cool and look decent.

I and a belated welcome to the forum.

Is that an old GL550 or GS750 in your signature picture?

My grandfather has a '74 GL550 3-Cylinder 2-Stroke 'zuki, awesome bike in my opinion. And my dad had a '77 GS750 4-Cylinder 4-Stroke 'zuki.

and once upon a time a Riding Mower (lol)

Hi and welcome Dusted, and hey a cracking mode of transport,saw a film about it once, took the old boy a fair while, but got to see his brother eventually :blink:

Hi and welcome Dusted, and hey a cracking mode of transport,saw a film about it once, took the old boy a fair while, but got to see his brother eventually :blink:

I was a kid and wanted a Go-Kart... Long story short I tried to build a go-kart on a riding mower frame with the stock transaxle (transmission/gearbox) and 5hp engine... Needless to say I was disappointed with my "go-kart". lol.

I was a kid and wanted a Go-Kart... Long story short I tried to build a go-kart on a riding mower frame with the stock transaxle (transmission/gearbox) and 5hp engine... Needless to say I was disappointed with my "go-kart". lol.

Hmmmm, a 'no go kart' ey? :blink:

Ive seen that film! its pretty good tbh

And welcome dusted!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online