My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Glad it's your arse and back LOL I'd make it around the block 2x and my back would be screaming "get off" and my skinny little butt would be sore.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You trying to say I have a fat arse!? Ha ha

Thought id post a quick before and after.

Here she is on the day i picked her up from the shop

facebook_-664072313.jpg

And as she stands today (well last week end)

DSC_0601_zpsxaqqy4qg.jpg

Do any of you know how easy / hard it is to put a You tube vid together? thinking about doing one once she's finished using all the pics i've taken during the build.

Wow that turned out wicked man!! Better than I expected, well done!

There are slideshow makers you can get for videos, they're all over the place, just download a free one and have at it! Youtube might even have that option built in now, I'm not sure.

Looking good mate, but I would need some padding on the seat. Years of Rugby, auld bikes and RIBs means a fekked back.

Did you keep all the original stuff of flog it as you went along

Cheers guys, thought I'd get more of a ripping than all good comments ha ha. I too have a fucked back, two slipped discs and every now and then trap my syatic nerve but that's not stopping me having fun :)

Sold all the old crap to pay for bits as I went along.

L5 and s1 discs fucked and have the same problem with the nerve getting traped,funny though if I dirt bike it seems to help. keep it at bay.

I dont have a ass just skin and bones so if you have one then yep it's fat LMAO one day and it never came back :shrug:

You trying to say I have a fat arse!? Ha ha

It's quite the different bike now,did they atleast put a gel pad under the leather?

Nope no Gel just a bit of soft (ish) foam, think the leather is thicker than the foam :eusa_shifty:

IIRC i done my L3 L4 discs, o yer and took the natural curve out of the lumber so i have more pressure on all the discs but its more the nerve thing that gets me and is degrading when you can't walk properly nor dress / wash your self nor take a shit and wipe your own ass. But hey ho no point bitching about it, there is always tomorrow :hyper:

Hey Noise where's yer reg plate going ! side mount ? oh and have you figured out how to get a tent on her for squires ? or are you sharing with Kev hahaha

Im Going for the same number plate bracket as i used to have which you can see on page 4 post number 97, keeps the bike looking nice a narrow and just mounts on using the axle. looked really nice but after the wife reversed her car into it it just couldn't hold on any more during the ride down the M27, ripped the wiring out for the number plate light, tripped the fuse which took out all my lights and the whole braket flicked up and smacked me in the back of the head and bounced into the ditch. :thumb: thanks babes :wank4az:

Squires is still a maybe as gotta see if the wife can get the weekend off work to look after our little girl but if i am going then if i get a one man tent it'll go in the front mudgaurd, or if i can dig out my old army issue bivvy that will go in my patrol sack. but im also happy to bed down with Kevvy bear im sure his T-shirt will accomodate me as well and his nipple windows will allow me to breathe at night ha ha

• Like 1

Well betty now has new oil in her belly so I fired her up this afternoon before the rain turned up.

Left her running for a good 5 mins then I thought I'd see if I had a clutch now, which I'm chuffed as nuts to say that I do :) rode her up my road and MY GOD!! I forgot how pokey she was, didn't even give her 1/4 throttle so I can't wait to get that biking feeling properly.

• Like 1

Yer I'm hoping so mate, need to take it easy for a few miles to get the hang of the motorbiking malarkey again.

Can you post a video so we can all hear the sound of those pipes mate

I have a video but the first minute it sounds crap as the Mic on my phone is as good as a deaf person in a rock gig.

I'll get it on you tube and post it up and try and get a better one later on.

Yer I'm hoping so mate, need to take it easy for a few miles to get the hang of the motorbiking malarkey again.

it's like riding a bike, you never erm

Here be the video of her running, but as i say the mic on my phone is crap so she sounds crap til nearer the end of the video.

• Like 1

Well the wallet is a bit lighter this morning, just ordered the number plate braket, indicators and some stumpy baffles to get more of a thud sound out of her.

Think i went a bit over the top with the indicators tho, £120 just on indicators :eusa_whistle: but they are sexy looking bits of kit.

Hopeing that they will be here for the weekend and i can get them on and then she's pretty much ready :hyper: