My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :ct:

And yes.......... she has

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just checked on the tracking info on my new crank and good news!!!! its finally cleared UK customs so "should" have it either tomorrow or Saturday.

Best get cracking on painting the rest of the crank cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, Sorry been on holiday from work so not been on i a while, not much been going on really, apart from being nailed by customs for an extra £100 to finally get my crank sorted. So should have that delivered tomorrow now.

So for now all i have done is painted the front cylinder gloss black, port and polished both cylinders and made a new rear fender.

Will post some piccies tomorrow

Well as promised here are a few little pics of the progress so far, cant really do much more till the crank turns up (hopefully today) then i can get motoring on putting bits and bobs back together.

Here is the newly painted Crank cases all nice and glossy.

DSC_0080_zpsfd07b9d7.jpg

DSC_0081_zpsdce2c51d.jpg

DSC_0082_zpsc37b365e.jpg

And i stuck her together to make a roller so that i can check out the new rear mud guard and make sure it dosn't rub the tire. And installed the best blue roll engine in the world

DSC_0079_zps3c8a1451.jpg

I will put together another thread about the assembly of the engine and post a link to it in here so that if anyone else has the same drama in the furture you can see where i cock up and avoid what i do ha ha

Getting there!!!!

DSC_0102_zps3821e606.jpg

DSC_0103_zps6d709757.jpg

Looks very nice! :thumb:

Thanks Sach, its getting there. the pile of bits in bags is going down now which is making me smile.

Once the motor is done i can then get cracking sorting the paint on the frame and other bits n bobs

Cheers Tommy, quite impressed with my self really but there again really wish i was out riding it. But it was my fault really, should have chosen to do the £30 oil and filter change when i should, rather than haveing to fork out £520 for a crank £177 for gaskets, £30 for and oil pump etc etc but hey ho guess its all apart of that big elaborate plan Jebus has for us 'ay?

looking good Noise, I love building engines but they are so expensive and time consuming £177 for gaskets :eusa_shifty:

Yer tell me bout it, that's the going price for a full engine set and the best place I found to get them was off wemoto.

O yes too right Tommy, Still waiting on the bladdey things tho and its been over a week since i ordered them, but still its not like i aint got any thing else to do on the bike. Still gotta paint the other cylinder and polish its fins, i made a start on the front mud guard last night as i found that the previous owner had fitted a fender extender (guttering! liturally) to it and body filled it to the mud guard. But to be fair they done such a good job of it i didn't notice till i started cutting it and all the powder from the filler flew every where.

Ive finally sold some old bike junk and went on a bought a new oil pump, handle bars and grips. Next to buy are some new indecators, chain for a sissy bar, sporster fuel tank, parts for suicide shifter, new head light and then get it off to powder coating.

Any way here be some more pics.

Old matt black and new gloss black.

DSC_0123_zps2ca01a3a.jpg

Old front mud guard (Post pics of the new one tonight)

DSC_0126_zps98c13dd5.jpg

Well some new toys arrived for Betty yesterday :) got a set of Jammer Z Bars, and a new oil pump. Front mud guard nicley cut down and just waiting on the gaskets to finally fit the Cylinders.

More piccies

DSC_0127_zps4e937d44.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsde92bcdf.jpg

DSC_0129_zpsc743e0f9.jpg

DSC_0130_zps53afbc58.jpg

DSC_0131_zpsa3d7f4a0.jpg

DSC_0132_zps54ab20b4.jpg

Looking good so far. but 170 for gaskets is :crazy: must be gold plated

The sporster tank is over done on that style IMO but tis your bike,personaly I would go old school and put a coffin tank on noboby does it anymore so it would be new old school.

I hate coffin tanks thankfully they found the right place for them and finally buried them ha ha. don't get me wrong they look good on the "right" bike and only when the bikes built around that tank do they really look ok, just on the dragstar frame they will look shit.

Sporty tanks have been dont loads on the draggy but not seen one on a draggy over this side of the pond.

Well my pricey Gaskets have just been delivered at home so looks like a got something to do this bank holiday! woo hoo.

So once the cylinders are on i shall prep the cases ready for powder coat and hopefully will get them sorted in a few weeks and can finish the engine once and for all (with a bit of luck)

Ok something I just thought of because of antoher thread,when your putting it all back together a dab of blue thread locker on every bolt and nut on the bike /eng will keep them from ever getting loose.For the 20 bucks or less it cost for thread locker paste or liquid it's realy cheap insurance to know that the bolts/nuts will stay in place.Even then best to treat the bike as if it were new and give it a 250 mile shake down then go over the whole bike and re check everything

DON"T buy red,it's semi perment and to get bolts out you will have to heat them making the next repair a real PITA,yellow and green for things you never want to come appart again

Blue is the best holds thing in place but they also come free easier as it slow the corrosin process when two dissimalar metals meet

I know that your still a long way from re assemblig the bike but your eng biuld is under way and I won't put any motor together without blue on everything.I can honestly say that I never lost a bolt on any rebuild in over 25 years and before you say it yes I have been bulding motors as long as you've been alive so yes I might be age older ,but in my mind I'm still 19 with 46 yrs experence when riding.

Hope you read this before you finnish the motor I know It's late advice but I just thought of it.