xvs 650, is my sidestand switch at fault...

fearless joe
This post is 4689 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

getting it ready for mot so i can register my vstar

so cleaned her up, she was bloody dirty

ran it up and put it in gear and she dies, though it might be the cluch sticking as my kwack does but i can roll it around in gear with the clutch and there is no jolt.

just dies like the gear is the kill switch then the starter button does nothing untill its in neutral

on my kwak i would say it was 100% the sidestand switch doing this but i though i would ask if there is anything else on the star that would do it, i may have ridden it alot but i've never pulled it apart at all

plus the switch does move in and out, but only by about 5 or 6 mm then it rests on the braket thing, is it supposed to come right out and stay in contact with the cam shapped bit on the sidestand

sorry for stupid quustions :)

joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

can you not by pass the switch to eliminate the issue.

At least you'll know one way or the other

Mine did that when I put too much oil in it once.

Cheapest stuff first - Clean the switch out and check the contacts.

yeah mine is leaking oil cos i over filled it

There's your problem.

As mentioned, get your bike upright and level. Drain oil down to correct level and there you go.

Might take a couple of goes to cycle the excess oil out.

There's your problem.

As mentioned, get your bike upright and level. Drain oil down to correct level and there you go.

Might take a couple of goes to cycle the excess oil out.

are you saying the fact there is too much oil in it could be whats stopping it working???

Mine did that when I put too much oil in it once.

are you saying the fact there is too much oil in it could be whats stopping it working???

Uh... Yes.

In fact, I'm banking on the too much oil DEFINITELY being what's causing the issues.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online