This post is 4695 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

G'day. Have ridden bikes for a while and always been pulling them to bits as much as I can and rebuilding them. Used to ride a Kwaka or two ( road) and now have a 86 FJ1200, 149 thou on the clock... (bought it at 98 thou) bought a Gsx 750 E which i would like to make into an ES?EF? and also recently aquired 2 DT 175's to rebuild with more bits coming apparently. Like a good long ride and the Effy is perfect for it and a good way to keep fit through twisties :D:D, the DT project is a continueing love affair... was my first bike, and ironically these bikes are at the same process I needed to do to my old one, full rebuild new clutch and a good clean and repaint :D:D:D

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thought i should show my girls off.... heres my daily.... bought with 98 000 k's on clock... just up to 156000 k now, only had to do timing chain and tyres, have rebuilt front forks, fixed pin hole leak in engine barrells ( that was some head scratching,!!) overhauled brakes ( still squeak!!) and it needs new rings and valve seals (roughly 20% compression loss each cylinder)

86 FJ 1200

IMGP2539.jpg

work one in progress....

Suzuki GSX 750 e ( which may become an ese...) the first of the 500 buck specials !!!

Image024.jpg

IMGP4060.jpg

and heres the DT's. these were 600 bucks but so far the parts i have received and the engines and stuff? priceless... has taken a trailer and a car trip, and still more coming!!

IMGP5563.jpg

thats the 1980 g model and behind it i have a 1978 model. both with matching cases....:D:D:D:D

copyoulater

neil

Whay aye mun" , your a geordie i see,, good old Fj , and get the DT175 roaded, coz the big two-stroke meet is 3rd sept,, . B)

Oh thers a 2 stroke meet at newton Aycliff , that near you , 7th Aug ...

ahhh my bad. sorry blackhat... Newcastle NSW Australia... chuckles... you know land of sunshine ( not at the moment...18 deg c and p**ing down) escaped convicts and animal interferers. B):D and yeah doin the dt's up for road reg. might do a little dirt work on the 80 model but the 78 i want to keep minter. colour? i have only seen the 80 model in red..... trying to find 78 colours.... so far i see blue? or white? im sure i will find out!!!

copyoulater

neil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online