Hi to all, come back to biking after 26 years !

JohnVW
This post is 4712 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

My name is John and I live in North West UK near Manchester. I am now 52 and it is 26 years since my last bike which was a 1976 Honda 750-4 F1, I passed my test in March 1982.

I fancied doing a bit of biking again, so I have purchased a 1992 Yamaha RSX 100S which is in reasonable condition (all I can afford at moment, daughter at uni. etc etc !!). I have been preparing it for an MOT and its surprising how working on bikes comes back to you even after all these years, can't wait to get it on road !!.

I have a couple of small queries, I noticed when pulling sideways on the rear wheel there is slight play in the swinging arm, is this an MOT fail point (not sure as i have not had a bike MOT'ed for years !)?.

Also the indicators are very sluggish when the engine is not running but ok when it is, I have read elsewhere and in the forums that the 6v electrics are not great on these bikes even though the battery is new !.

Regards to all

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings John, :welcome:

Hi and welcome to the mid-life crisis ward,John, enjoy your stay ;)

that

A mate had an F1 supersport, nice bike, I had the k2 mind.

Hi,

Thanks for welcome guys, you have definately summed it up to a "T" there Nev, everybody around here says I am having a mid life crisis !!!

Why not I say !!!.

Cheers John.

Welcome john, Yes the swingarm ,excesive play will fail MOT. , indicators" have a specific number of flashes per minute, my dt400 failed for flashing too fast,,:unsure: , i remedied that by fitting 12volt bulbs to the rears,, then changed them back afterwards,,,,,,how old ig th rs100 ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online