DTR 125 not revving properly...please help!

This post is 4714 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I took the pipe off and checked the PV and it seems to be aligned, not sure how tight the cables are but I know there is no slack in them, when the cover is off you can see that the PV moves freeley with the switching of the ignition, I'll try slackening the cabels off a bit and see if that helps.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for all the help and advice so far.

Cheers,

Simon.

Simon with the cover off you will see a U shaped notch on the pulley, when you turn on the key this should align with the 4mm blind hole in the cyl head. Adjust the cables to achieve this but dont have them tight or you will overload the servo.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks mate, I will try this when I get home.

Simon.

i had the same sort of problem on a 54 plate,after much pratting about with everything i stumbled across this,the starter solenoid that sits behind your rear brake light switch has a fuse next to it,in just the right place to get full of water and crap,mine was making a bad contact,especially when i had been green laning,disconnect it,take out the fuse and clean all connections,you never know it might just be this.

cheers

mark

You still havent cleaned the carb ! ! !

Could be a bit of something floating arround in there,,,,,hence mabey the fine running sometimes and shit othertimes.

Just read,,,,,your waitin on screws

Cheers mate I'll give it a try.

Well on the way back from work it rode crappy then cleared back to normal then back to really crappy! The exhaust note compleatly changed and I was holding 2 thirds revs which was at about 4k on the tacho when the exhaust note suddenly changed again it she was pulling like a train!

So I'm guessing it's gotta be something to do with PV?

Well I got home and alined it correctly (it wasn't to far out) made sure the cables were a bit slacker and went for a ride, 25 minutes if thrashing it around with no problems untill I hit slow moving traffic, then guess what? Riding like a bag of poo again!!!! So pulled in to a carpark and as I did it cleared! So now what Grrrr lol

Cheers,

Simon.

Cheers mate I'll give it a try.

Well on the way back from work it rode crappy then cleared back to normal then back to really crappy! The exhaust note compleatly changed and I was holding 2 thirds revs which was at about 4k on the tacho when the exhaust note suddenly changed again it she was pulling like a train!

So I'm guessing it's gotta be something to do with PV?

Well I got home and alined it correctly (it wasn't to far out) made sure the cables were a bit slacker and went for a ride, 25 minutes if thrashing it around with no problems untill I hit slow moving traffic, then guess what? Riding like a bag of poo again!!!! So pulled in to a carpark and as I did it cleared! So now what Grrrr lol

Cheers,

Simon.

I'd put me money on shit in the carb,,,,,,,give her a real good clean.

Once PV is set,,, then its set. Exhaust note would change anyway if bike was suddenly starved of fuel.