Yamaha Tzr 50 Speedo Problem

chrissy w
This post is 4723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have bought a yamaha tzr 50 2004 plate, the speedo is stuck at zero! i have took it apart in the front wheel and cleaned it out then greased it back up but still no luck, im completly stuck. I would really appreciate some help, thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is the speedo on them activated by wiring then and not a conventional speedo cable?

its a wiring connector, im only 15 so im not as experienced as most people on here, but the there is a big block of wiring on a clip that goes on the under the speedo.

that just sounds like the lighting block... is there a canventional mechanical cable screwed into it also which runs down to the front wheel speedo drive?

that just sounds like the lighting block... is there a canventional mechanical cable screwed into it also which runs down to the front wheel speedo drive?

yeah its all one wiring block but the wire splits off to the front wheel.

yeah its all one wiring block but the wire splits off to the front wheel.

You prob' have a big black cable going to the front hub, undo this at the hub and you should see and be able to pull out the cable inside. It this that may have broken.

How chrissy? let us know then others may benfit in future ;)

i bought this off ebay for £2.00 http://uk.farnell.com/allegro-microsystems/a1220eua-t/ic-hall-effect-latch-sip-3/dp/1698206?Ntt=A1220EUA I had to take apart the speedo assembly on the front wheel, then i had to crack open the sensor with a screwdriver, you then have to unsolder the black resistor and put the new one on, after doing so you then have to glue the plastic/ rubber seal back together then put back onto the bike. With a bit of look the speedo should then work :)

• 3 weeks later...

first leave the cable connected to the clock and turn the other end of it to seeif the speedo arm moves ,if it does not then it could be the speedo clock if it moves ok then go to the wheel where the cable goes into the botom piece if youhave greesed it and there is no cable broken off inside you will have to remove it from the wheel and check it for wear ,when you grt it off the wheel insert the end of the cable and try to manuely turn it to tomake sure itsnot stikin ,if it is then you may need to get another piece to go back onto yhe wheel end.iethr way its faulty at the top or bottom.

first leave the cable connected to the clock and turn the other end of it to seeif the speedo arm moves ,if it does not then it could be the speedo clock if it moves ok then go to the wheel where the cable goes into the botom piece if youhave greesed it and there is no cable broken off inside you will have to remove it from the wheel and check it for wear ,when you grt it off the wheel insert the end of the cable and try to manuely turn it to tomake sure itsnot stikin ,if it is then you may need to get another piece to go back onto yhe wheel end.iethr way its faulty at the top or bottom.

try turn it with aelectric dril to see if the speedo works

so you didnt read the thread then, its electric pulse operated! ;)