Respray costs.

Sjthjs
This post is 4759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Because my bike is 10 years old, the paint is starting to show it a little (scuffs, chips, what looks like running in the paintwork. I was contemplating a respray job in matte black. I have no experience of the sort of costs involved, and am after a ballpark figure for a dragstar in staffs and cheshire (a proper job). Thanks if anyone can help me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I donno if this helps cause i'm up north but i found its anywhere between 45-90 per panel, depends on size and level of damage. Get the colour code from yamaha so that you Dont have much of a colour change (keeps insurers happy), of course it'll look cleaner and fresher so it'll be different. Donno if thats any help

A proper profesional job, candy / metalic. laquer. polished. Tank & side pannels , expect £400 - 500. . if your d.i.y. you need heated . dust free , booth, ;)

To be quite honest, as it's going to look like a rat bike in matt black anyway, why not save yourself some cash. Get down to Halfords, buy some rattle cans and do it in the drive. You'll not even have to remove the tank or side panels.

Alternatively, you could make it look nice......by not painting it matt black.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online