what was that

oldtimer
This post is 4765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i was up early this morning heading to rivington barn for a vintage motor cycle club meet and run,plenty of old nortons,triumphs bsa two vincents matchless and other old bikes but my day was made before i even got there,coming over the top of the moors touching 80 on some of the bends i heard this noise behind me the unmistakeable sound of a 2 stroke at the next bend it overtook me the scruffiest filthy thing i have seen for a long time on the straight i left it but every bend it would come screaming past wtf was that i thought.just past the next bend was tea van and he pulled in so did i curious to know what it was.it was a yamaha tzr250 not been into 2 strokes before but the smell and the sound was some thing else.at this point i suddenly relised i was about 10mile past the turn for rivington but it was fun. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:D gonna get yoursel one Broonie ? ;)

what?one of mervins rabid ferrets no i will leave that old west country custom to them, but if i saw a tzr250 for the right money might consider it.

Imagine that engine in a DT125, that is a TDR250.

Myself and merv both have them and they are giant killers of the highest calibre. Performance bikes said that even Sir Cliff could get points on one. More importantly 500 miles in 2 1/2 days was no bother, you wont do that on a TZR without medical help.

Trouble is they are also rarer than a straight talking politician these days. I'm in Northampton and as far as i can tell i've the only one in the county. I certainly havent seen another on the road save for the squires meet, considering i do 1500 miles a week :huh:

More disturbingly in good nick that 250 (the TZR not the TDR) will have the legs to hold on to your 600 even in a straight line :o

That sets off a few alarm bells TBH. It may be a good buy but!. No mention of the sale on the TDR forum and anybody with a hapeth of sense is going to post it on there, as well as asking advice on the resto.

Its tidy, but it may be a paint job and a bolt kit. Any proper TDR resto to any reasonable quality will be 1500quid+. Christ brakers are selling spares repair for 8-900quid and shifting them.

The final part, TDR nuts are just that. Nuts. I would be expecting a great long list of all the stuff thats been done.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online