New YBR125

AndrewYBR
This post is 4806 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, I've just bought a new YBR, I'm collecting on the 1st March (for the 11 plate)...

The garage is about 15 miles from home, but I'm told its not advisable to go above about 30mph for the first 600 miles!? does this mean one hell of a slow ride home? also, for the very first ride is it not advisable to be riding 15miles? would appreciate any advice! thanks all.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That sounds a load of crap to me. Read your Manuel, it'll tell you a rev you shouldnt go about

Hello all, I've just bought a new YBR, I'm collecting on the 1st March (for the 11 plate)...

The garage is about 15 miles from home, but I'm told its not advisable to go above about 30mph for the first 600 miles!? does this mean one hell of a slow ride home? also, for the very first ride is it not advisable to be riding 15miles? would appreciate any advice! thanks all.

occording to the manual that I have for my 2010 ybr ( same model as the current one ) the guideline is the

0–150 km (0–90 mi)

Avoid prolonged operation above 5000

r/min.

After every hour of operation, stop the

engine, and then let it cool for five to ten

minutes.

Vary the engine speed from time to

time. Do not operate the engine at one

set throttle position.

150–500 km (90–300 mi)

Avoid prolonged operation above 6000

r/min.

Rev the engine freely through the

gears, but do not use full throttle at any

time.

500–1000 km (300–600 mi)

Avoid prolonged full-throttle operation.

Avoid prolonged operation above 7500

r/min. NOTICE: After 1000 km (600

mi) of operation, the engine oil must

be changed. [ECA10281]

1000 km (600 mi) and beyond

The vehicle can now be operated normally. "

hope this helps it is taken from the .pdf manual I have but I cannot remeber where I got it sorry

by the sounds of what you are saying it should be fine if u take it steady,

when i first picked mine up i rode it home through little bit of town and mainly country lanes and its been fine that was about 18 miles home

enjoy your new bike

When buying new I have always just done whatever speed I wanted safe in the knowledge that the bike would be eventually sold on. Just don't labour the engine so keep it in the right gear and alter the revs so don't stick for miles at, for example, 3k rpm keep altering the revs.

This is what I have done, it does not mean it is what you should do!

Oh and take some cash with you and check the petrol. They tend to put as little fuel in a new bike that they can get away with. It also gives you the option of taking a longer way home.

Enjoy...........................

That sounds a load of crap to me. Read your Manuel, it'll tell you a rev you shouldnt go about

manuel.jpg

Khello, cee senior, you reed me cleer! I tell you 'ow to ride, cee?

Not longgot home from my ride home... I was advised as per the manual not to exceed 5k revs... This at times was pretty dodgy as I had to get around a roundabout which has a motorway joining it, then merges into another road where you must move over to the left asap... was pretty hair-raising so had to rev quite hard for fear of getting knocked out the way by a truck or something, but other than that little spurt of speed I was okay.

The bike handled great (compared with an old honda I took my CBT on - which isn't much to go by) and I'm planning a commute in the morning, the seat was pretty comfy and after reading loads of horror stories about the tyres being almost unusable and the light being no brighter than the one on my sky remote I was pleasently suprised... (also, I filled the tank from just belowhalf for £7.50... I was convinced the pump was broken as I'm used to at least £50 + in my car a few times a week!)

Anyway, thanks for all your advice, it was really useful...

Andrew

Glad you got the bike and rode home safely. It is a bit strange when you fill up with fuel, even on a larger bike, I get tearful when I fill up the Merc :cry2:

Just enjoy and I hope the sun comes out soon. Still very cold this morning but I was wearing my leather, not my nice warm Weise textile jacket.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online