dt125r running trouble

bella9
This post is 4848 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys my dt125r will kick over with the choke off but then if u touch the throttle it dies and if i try and but tho choke on it will not start ...

regaurds ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dies . ive just had it tickin over better and i tried bumping it it worked and then it just died on me

dies . ive just had it tickin over better and i tried bumping it it worked and then it just died on me

Economy of text is being taken to the bloody extreem here, what kind of discription is 'just died'. Cut out, died out to nothing, cut out with throtle applied.

We are a lot of things but psychic aint one of em and we need full and complete discriptions. I've just been helping someone who wrote a whole page just chatting about some idea's. Not even real problems.

Please explain things properly....

Oh i've got to ask, bella? :huh:

i was going down the gears to turn round and as i when u apply the throttle it jut cut out there was nothing there .also it wouldnt start after that

Again with the bad infomation, if you were changing down to turn round then you were riding the bike?? Thats hardly ticking over now is it.

You have also now told us it died while rolling the throttle in a turn (albeit crypticly). That tells me you have an issue with the carb, maybe a loose jet or more likely some floaters, maybe even a drop or two of water in there.

Have you checked the carb, checked the filters, vez or OG will know better but there are a couple of filters in there, i believe there is even a diddy one in the fuel feed of the carb.

I agree,

Your posts are all-over the place,

its really hard to understand what your on about,

Start at the start,,,,,,,,

tell us what the bike was like when you got it.

what you have done to it.

and what it is doing now.

In detail,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eg kicking over does not mean idling.

Sounds like carb trouble,,,,,,,,,,,,,put the carb back to factory settings after a good clean and inspection and work from there.

There are lots of little things that upset the running so try and tell us what is happening !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online