4000rpm Idle???? Help....

workers85
This post is 4856 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Started my bike (R1 5PW) for the first time in a couple of weeks on Sunday and it was idling at 4000rpm, I went out out for a small ride to see if it was just cos I hadnt ridden it for a while but it was made no difference.

When I got home I lowered the idle with the adjuster but could only lower it to idle at 1500rpm no lower...

Should I be worried about this?

Anyone have any ideas why this may have happened?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Paul

:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Started my bike (R1 5PW) for the first time in a couple of weeks on Sunday and it was idling at 4000rpm, I went out out for a small ride to see if it was just cos I hadnt ridden it for a while but it was made no difference.

When I got home I lowered the idle with the adjuster but could only lower it to idle at 1500rpm no lower...

Should I be worried about this?

Anyone have any ideas why this may have happened?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Paul

:)

definitely not right, you should be able to adjust idle right down to a natural idle and then onto a stall. My FZR1000 did this years ago and it was a bit of shit in one of the butterflies stopping it shutting properly - you'll be surprised how little air an engine can rev on, if it is not underload.

Could be an air-leak also or EXUP valve jammed open (though this is not too likely).

good luck getting to the bottom of it.

can you bite the clutch to lower revs and the revs stay down? that means it def has an air leak somewhere

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online