YZF600R Thundercat ignition coils

Prodigy
This post is 4772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone advise me on good replacement ignition coil(s) for my t'cat? I'm wondering if there is some alternative to buying yamaha branded replacements.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone advise me on good replacement ignition coil(s) for my t'cat? I'm wondering if there is some alternative to buying yamaha branded replacements.

Cheers

Ebay is always an option, there is some shops also to have a look round, I was quoted £95 each from my dealer

Hope this helps?

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

hey im in the same boat coils stuffed and i cant find any. so far i have read somewhere about ford coil pack and to fit r1/6 coils but havent bein able to find it again if some body dose know please talk please im up a creek atm

hey im in the same boat coils stuffed and i cant find any. so far i have read somewhere about ford coil pack and to fit r1/6 coils but havent bein able to find it again if some body dose know please talk please im up a creek atm

just go on ebay or try wemoto.

I bought a pair of new coils (pattern) off of the 'bay a couple of weeks ago for £14 each, then bought some ngk 12mm plug caps (also the 'bay). Fitted it all the other day, jobs a good 'un for under £40 all in.

btw a car coil pack could work, but they are generally bulky etc.

FZS 600 is the same coil

Just to give ya more options