dt ticking over and reving problem

bella9
This post is 4809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my dtr 125 will tick over but only when the choke is on and wont start if its of . also if u try and rev bike it just cuts out .could that be the reeds

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my dtr 125 will tick over but only when the choke is on and wont start if its of . also if u try and rev bike it just cuts out .could that be the reeds

Have you set the carb up correctly and made sure there are no blockages ?

Have you left it long enough to warm up?. ( its a heated carb and runs alot better when warm)

I have an idea but want to be sure you have checked the basics first.

yeh carb and reeds have been taken out and cleaned and yeh was running for about 5 mins befor i tryed to turn the choke off .its just every time i try to rev it it cuts out .is that just bad carb setting ?

sounds like some junk in either the jet or the float bowl to me.

sounds like some junk in either the jet or the float bowl to me.

i couldnt get the piolt jet out so mabey dirt in there i duna

i couldnt get the piolt jet out so mabey dirt in there i duna

You need to make sure all the jets are clean.

There is also a power jet that is cast into the float bowl ( the small pipe that connects the float bowl to the main carb body). Try and blow into it and make sure its clear.

4thi.jpg

i shall blow them out matey thanks alot

i went and bought new spark plug and cap . then striped carb down blew all the jets out and the 1ns what vez told me to do and i moved the throttle pin from the 5mark to the 4 mark on the needle, and it kicks within the first few kicks but cuts out i think i have got the air and petrol mixing wrong(tick over srew,air screw) dose any 1 know what there suposed to be thanks for all your help :D

• 1 month later...

i shall blow you later matey thanks alot

I thot you and Ves were getting rather friendly. :D

Oh the air screw , is usually 1& half turns out , ;)

I thot you and Ves were getting rather friendly. :D

Oh the air screw , is usually 1& half turns out , ;)

Woah!!!

*coughcough*

Bella, check your grammar :unsure: