world cup

mervin
This post is 4926 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hurrah its gone to russia wonder how much they will put up with hooligans, salt mines will have plenty of new workers in 2018 i reckon

other thoughts

400 BBC staff have been told there jobs are safe and will be enjoying a free holiday to Russia in 2018 at tax payers expense".....

Hurrah that we don't have another sporting white elephant to pay for. We can't even win a Fifa Bribing competition.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I find it disgusting that in a Nationalist country such as Russia - millions are prepared to be spent on promoting the country whilst people are dying on their streets due to no social welfare at all. Enough said.

I find it disgusting that in a Nationalist country such as Russia - millions are prepared to be spent on promoting the country whilst people are dying on their streets due to no social welfare at all. Enough said.

I find it disgusting that ANY country (including ours) will bleat on about international aid, Millenium/Sports promotional crap and a hundred other things, while not only failing to sort out the general state of itself, but even going so far as to piss it all away on a flawed welfare system (half of which goes overseas to people who have never worked a day for this country, yet are somehow still entitled to everything - As a former Benefits Agency employee I have first-hand inside experience, BTW), corrupt MPs and another hundred other domestic money-burners, only to try an make ME feel bad and guilt-tip me into donating more money to all the above!!

Or to put it another way - Good Luck Russia!!!

Happy days, i don't know about you lot but if they deleted football from the UK totally the only way i might notice is the morning paper having less pages. :D

Good riddance to the embarrasing charade, can we not get all the other football stuff over there too.

Woaaaaaha let's not delete football!!! Think about all the investors it brings into the country? Do you know how much Abramovic is taxed for owning Chelsea etc?

And TTaskamaster, I agree completely that our welfare system is flawed. But honestly, I would rather have a flawed welfare system that has the chance to support a few people who really need the money, than no welfare system and see the death of a nation - such as Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqEyLaEkJDE&feature=related

This proves my point, really quite well. A life expectancy in Russia of 56?! And to think, 20 years ago it was a superpower? I think they're spending the money on the wrong things here... If any1 is interested watch the whole documentary, Marcel Theroux does it loadsa justice.

So next time you think our country is wasting money - take a look at Russia. Letting people die on their streets only to spend the money on supporting Mafia's and Nuclear Proliferation.

Perhaps that's what we need, at least for a bit - NO welfare, so people have to get up off their arse and work for a living.

No underage/single-parent pregnancy - People wil be too scared that they can't afford it.

No playing/screwing the system - There isn't one.

Perhaps that's what we need, at least for a bit - NO welfare, so people have to get up off their arse and work for a living.

No underage/single-parent pregnancy - People wil be too scared that they can't afford it.

No playing/screwing the system - There isn't one.

i understand where ur coming from but just stopping it will cause more problems! would be better if they limited it to ppl born in the uk, iv been out of work for a while and i would love to get back to work! but i live in the middle of nowhere and have to rely on public transport. i can only get to and from work from 8am to 5pm, but all the jobs iv seen want me to do shift work and wont give any leeway! i have to use the benefit system to support my family and keep a roof on our heads till i can get my own transport and get back into work, so just stopping it will mean me and my family will be on the streets!

but i do agree with stopping aid for single mothers under 18. as i know that girls go out just to get pregnant at 16 so they can get a house, get it decorated and furnished, and get a new wardrobe plus benefits! so if they knew that they would get no help they would think twice!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online