XT125R pics

stanis
This post is 4919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi....

It's a 2005-2007 model.... unsure of actual age as bike is unregistered... background is that i purchased the frame complete the engine of which had been removed to support a bench test - so its brand new.... i acquired an engine, replacement loom and all the elctrics (coil, rectifier, ECU, etc, etc).... Problem i have is that without knowing where the parts were fitted to begin with i am struggling to work out how/where the fit to the frame.... so afew pictures of specific areas of the bike will assist.... specifics are - coil, starter relay, rectifier and relay .... and location of the battery... also i have the AIS and all the pipes but need info on which pipe is connected where? Has anyone a bike of similar years that can help me? happy to negotiate suitable terms for their troubles...

Cheers

Surely if you have bought all that kit an extra 15-20quid for a workshop manual wont hurt?

Surely if you have bought all that kit an extra 15-20quid for a workshop manual wont hurt?

I have got the manual... however, that assumes you know where the part is fitted as you took it off to replace... if all the bits are in a box to begin with it is difficult to determine which bit fits where and the pictures in the manual are not that coprehensive... ie., there is no image of where the coil is fitted to the bike... also with the AIS, if replaced the pipes will remain in situ... and again, the pictures/photos in the manual are not that detailed... hence my request.... if another XT125R owner can take the detailed pics that are lacking in the manual... i can resolve... I thouhght that this was what FOC was all about.... helping each other outor am i wrong?

... I thouhght that this was what FOC was all about.... helping each other outor am i wrong?

Youre not wrong we do whatever we can to help. Trouble is there are not many XT125 owners frequenting us here. As I suggested you PM another member I see you did not do that but posted a message on his profile instead, thats about as much use as a chocolate ashtray if he rarely visits his profile page...whereas a PM would have been notified to him by email.

I PM'd him for you...let's hope he can help.

I have got the manual... however, that assumes you know where the part is fitted as you took it off to replace... if all the bits are in a box to begin with it is difficult to determine which bit fits where and the pictures in the manual are not that coprehensive... ie., there is no image of where the coil is fitted to the bike... also with the AIS, if replaced the pipes will remain in situ... and again, the pictures/photos in the manual are not that detailed... hence my request.... if another XT125R owner can take the detailed pics that are lacking in the manual... i can resolve... I thouhght that this was what FOC was all about.... helping each other outor am i wrong?

Calm your pipes, i wasn't having a pop. Just people comment on the quality or lack of attenuating to their manual with this kind of issue. You made no mention of it at all.

What year, I dunno anything about the bike but if you are looking for help you should give as much accurate info as possible...or are they all the same?

pretty much