Buying XV 125 spares from ebay

Kelum
This post is 4940 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Have you guys ever bought spares from ebay? Can you trust those and them?

It is not easy to find Virago parts in Sri Lanka..may have to all across the island to find parts..there are disassemblers of Jpanese bikes from whom u could get certain parts but not all..I bought the rectifier for my bike from such a place..they are original..not chinese crap..

But you cannot find all the parts you need in these places, I searched ebay and saw the gasket set I need badly as my engine has some oil leakages...what is the buying procedure at ebay like? I am newbie to online buying...it seems costly as there's a postage fee too...

My bike is a 2004 one..but I have seen everywhere on the web the mention of xv 125 of years 1996 to 2000 or so or XVS 125 serious..but never bikes including 2004...xv 125 parts match all the xv 125s? I mean bikes from all these years of manufacture?

Sorry for bad English...

Please help me guys..thank you all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

see here even parts are shown for xv125 1997-01 models..do they go with 2004 models? :( :( :( :( :unsure:

http://motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/199701-xv125-parts-virago-c-2070_5056_5057.html

see here even parts are shown for xv125 1997-01 models..do they go with 2004 models? :( :( :( :( :unsure:

http://motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/199701-xv125-parts-virago-c-2070_5056_5057.html

Don't know about anyone else, but I would never but online form a website that does not also give a postal address and telephone contact number.

2004 XV 125 Virago, I thought they stopped making them in 2000/01, and replaced with the XVS Dragstar 125, but I suppose they could still be made on licence in China?

Don't know about anyone else, but I would never but online form a website that does not also give a postal address and telephone contact number.

2004 XV 125 Virago, I thought they stopped making them in 2000/01, and replaced with the XVS Dragstar 125, but I suppose they could still be made on licence in China?

Now you have started to frighten me....

Yes..I was referring to ebay where people buy all the stuff...or find anything without hazzle..I have seen many comments on ebay's service..people buy stuff so commonly using the website...

You just shocked me...my bike's first owners details include that the year of manufacture of this bike is 2004,, but it doesnt have the look of a Dragstar or XVS 125..bike doesnt seem to be of Chinese origin..it doesnt have that inferior features of Chinese bikes..has the first owner used wrong info to register the bike? Or had Yamaha still produced XV 125s parallelly? I dont think Chinese buggers produced or produce bikes of this sort or engines of this power..I see many chinese bikes cheap here and of course they are cruiser types..but really bad stupid small engines..

Mine seems genuine and its no joke...how can I find this out?

Also am troubled with the fact that these bikes do not have a main stand..is there a solution? :o :o :) :)

This is exactly my model, will post pics of mine once I get a camera.. :blink:

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xv_125_virago_2000.php

Kelum, it is ok to buy parts from the internet, you just have to make sure the website is genuine and safe.

Dont buy from any sites that dont give out information about them selves,( eg. address and phone)

Try to find as much about them before you buy something, even talk to them.

First time you buy something make it a small bit that doesnt cost much, that way if it doesnt come to you then havent lost much money.

Hope this helps.

I have bought lots of things from ebay and generally found it a good experience. Look at the sellers 'feedback' you can see if they have lots of negative feedback but bear in mind some buyers will leave neg feedback instead of trying to sort out problems. And you can ask the seller about things before bidding if you are not sure, dont bid unless the seller has said they will post to sri lanka, what part are you wanting? :unsure:

Now you have started to frighten me....

Yes..I was referring to ebay where people buy all the stuff...or find anything without hazzle..I have seen many comments on ebay's service..people buy stuff so commonly using the website...

You just shocked me...my bike's first owners details include that the year of manufacture of this bike is 2004,, but it doesnt have the look of a Dragstar or XVS 125..bike doesnt seem to be of Chinese origin..it doesnt have that inferior features of Chinese bikes..has the first owner used wrong info to register the bike? Or had Yamaha still produced XV 125s parallelly? I dont think Chinese buggers produced or produce bikes of this sort or engines of this power..I see many chinese bikes cheap here and of course they are cruiser types..but really bad stupid small engines..

Mine seems genuine and its no joke...how can I find this out?

Also am troubled with the fact that these bikes do not have a main stand..is there a solution? :o :o :) :)

Wow, I like your garage on the photo, most of make do with the kitchen! Cissy bar/buttoned seat/domed cover/non flared front fender, I reckon thats a Virago XV 125. Do you mean centre stand? You can by centre stand kits for the XVS 125, dont know about for the XV, have a search on the internet.

I have bought lots of things from ebay and generally found it a good experience. Look at the sellers 'feedback' you can see if they have lots of negative feedback but bear in mind some buyers will leave neg feedback instead of trying to sort out problems. And you can ask the seller about things before bidding if you are not sure, dont bid unless the seller has said they will post to sri lanka, what part are you wanting? :unsure:

Hi friend, I require a complete gasket set real badly.My bike having oil leaks as seals seem to hve deteriorated..for rear sockets I think commonly available Indian stuff of same height would do...

Thanks for your info.. :)

Wow, I like your garage on the photo, most of make do with the kitchen! Cissy bar/buttoned seat/domed cover/non flared front fender, I reckon thats a Virago XV 125. Do you mean centre stand? You can by centre stand kits for the XVS 125, dont know about for the XV, have a search on the internet.

Hey hey it wasnt my one, I just wanted to show you my bike type, I found it on web thats all...I was frightened of the fact that you said it could be chinese... :unsure::o thanks for the replies mate!

Kelum, it is ok to buy parts from the internet, you just have to make sure the website is genuine and safe.

Dont buy from any sites that dont give out information about them selves,( eg. address and phone)

Try to find as much about them before you buy something, even talk to them.

First time you buy something make it a small bit that doesnt cost much, that way if it doesnt come to you then havent lost much money.

Hope this helps.

Hi thank you very much for the valuable info...tc! :) :)

go on www.wemoto.com

they are a good source for parts and are safe! just make sure they deliver in your area!

i wont touch an ebay item unless its registered as a business and is a star seller just to be safe .

go on www.wemoto.com

they are a good source for parts and are safe! just make sure they deliver in your area!

i wont touch an ebay item unless its registered as a business and is a star seller just to be safe .

Ok buddy, will follow your advices..tc..! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online