oil light problems!

MrAzF
This post is 4978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all hows it going ? just another question if anyone can help me...? i have a 1981 yamaha dt 175 mx and my oil light has been coming on and off, its started about a week ago! i checked both the 2stroke and the gear oil and all seems well... so then i checked for air in the system and still no change... i really don't want to break her she's my pride and joy, can anyone shed any light on my problem ?? thanks guys, aaron

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey all hows it going ? just another question if anyone can help me...? i have a 1981 yamaha dt 175 mx and my oil light has been coming on and off, its started about a week ago! i checked both the 2stroke and the gear oil and all seems well... so then i checked for air in the system and still no change... i really don't want to break her she's my pride and joy, can anyone shed any light on my problem ?? thanks guys, aaron

It should be ON constantly when neutral is selected, this is a bulb check function so you dont get caught out with a blown bulb.

When in gear if it is ON at any point...top up the 2 stroke oil and it will dissappear.

It has nothing to do with gearbox oil, that's just a dipstick check.

Mine has never come on <_< . Looks like I need to check the bulb.

Much as i'm going to suffer this, i nearly blew the motor in my TDR thanks to a dead bulb in the 2Tlight. Its very worth the check.