650 Dragstar - just too darn quiet!!

Jinx
This post is 3938 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sports bikes are like the pretty boy in the pub thats got all the cash in the world with a small pecker and very rarely shouts

Nay, sir...
Sporties are the BMW boy racer types, with lots of shout but it's all high-pitched whining and posturing. Watched too much Top Gun.

*Some* Cruisers are as you say. Others are mid-life crisis types who've just watched too much Sons Of Anarchy and can't afford a Harley. Most are great guys, but I've yet to meet one who hasn't watched too many Billy Idol music videos.

Sports Tourers are like (most) Aston Martins - Quietly tasteful, very powerful but rarely feeling the need to use it. THAT is what Stealth Mode is really about! Watched too many hard rock videos as kids, but grew up and matured along with those bands.

Goldwingers are those guys with belts that have loads of gadgets and electronic devices clipped on.
  • Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well i was closely there :eusa_whistle:

Never watched a Billy Idol video in my life. Could never stand that perma-sneer on his face. But other than that, I happily admit my drag is a bit of a M.L.C. thing...

Replace Billy Idol with your favourite biking rock star... those stars who may not ride, but have featured similar bikes in their music videos also apply, such as Whitesnake, Meatloaf, Van Halen, yadda yadda...

I just happen to have been watching Billy Idol last night and have one of his songs in my head.

Never actually seen him perform before, I just liked his stuff and knew he's a massive Triumph rider.

.Crusiers are the blokes with short man syndrome, near anough like lepricorns cute and can be easily put into a girls pants, loves to shout dance and fuck everyone else off :D

you have seen me noise

coz that sure sounds like me

haha

O wait better add to that, some Cruiser riders have a conection with HGV's normally drivers but some are spotters.

HaHa sorry Giz had to have one more go, seeing that Grouch has gone AWOL you can take up the slack for a bit

haha i dont mind

i just put my new pipes on tonight

and got pulled by plod coz they backfired when i rode pat them

got advised to fit the baffles ok i said lol

bikes as loud with them in lol

Blimey, ive never been pulled by plod with my pipes (yet) been told off for smoking whilst riding but i stated that cage drivers can do it etc etc and he let me off with a verbal slapping and told me not to do it again.

What pipes you got now? and have you burned them gay ass studs yet!?

haha i dont mind

i just put my new pipes on tonight

and got pulled by plod coz they backfired when i rode pat them

got advised to fit the baffles ok i said lol

bikes as loud with them in lol

someone needs to do a bit of rejetting.

someone needs to do a bit of rejetting.

Or tighten the pipe linkages...!

Or tighten the pipe linkages...!

Indeed, if it was in fact backfiring, rather than mere popping.

i put the gemini pipes on

same as i had on my last xvs

i think i need to re-jet as it was'nt so much as a backfire as a loud pop lol

well a few loud pops

ok i was ripping it

Loud pops, yep. Geminis will do that, more so if you shut the throttle from wide open and/or yank the clutch in.

The Highway Hawks on the 2001 Drag are worse for that.

Neither bike got rejetted in the end..

Im a great believer in "Loud pipes HELP reduce possibility of being knocked off while filtering" lol. I might get a really long badge made saying it... I dont think the 650 sounds too bad compared to others as standard but its definitely too quiet for my personal liking but Im too mean to spend money on some exhausts and dont like drilling holes in the original one. I just ride extra careful when filtering and have my thumb ready for a blast of the horn if anyone looks like theyre thinking about dointg a u-turn on me or something

You can pick some 2nd hand pipes up off E-bay for cheap money if you keep looking. or find someone with a welder who likes beer and get a custom set fabbed up?

i thought i would find some pipes in no time on ebay but I kept looking every few weeks for about a year after I bought it and none ever came up, just loads of oem sets

Well you either have to spend some money (Gemini pipes are the cheaper route, but you get what you pay for these days) or suck it up and do without.

Set a couple of searches up so that whenever something you want comes up, you get it emailed directly to you. You'll need a couple of searched with different parameters ('Dragstar pipes', 'Dragstar exhausts', etc) but it'll only take 5 minutes and then it's set.

i agree with task

if you want great pipes then you'll have to spend money

the gemini exhuasts are a good alternative for half the money

they also give you an "eternity guarantee"

bet you dont get that with highway hawks

i'm on my second set of gemini's and tbh i cant fault them

i sorted the popping on my bike

my fault to be honest as i fitted them in a hurry and never put new gaskets in

put new gaskets in and probs solved

its as loud as the harley's(i ride beside a lot of them)

guaranteed to piss off the neighbours haha

the gemini exhuasts are a good alternative for half the money

they also give you an "eternity guarantee"

They also rust to fuck if you don't keep them scrubbed. Not sure the eternity guarantee covers that... But take the baffles out and ride straight-through whenever you feel like it and you kinda forget about the rest of the world.

They also rust to fuck if you don't keep them scrubbed. Not sure the eternity guarantee covers that... But take the baffles out and ride straight-through whenever you feel like it and you kinda forget about the rest of the world.

yup very true but thats why they invented exhaust wrap haha

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online