got my theory for my test today

slow13
This post is 4980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

alright lads just gona practice a little more as my theory is in 2 hrs just thought i would have a brake and let use no iam hoping a pass it as i realy want this like wen u wanted ure car licence its a night mare any tips on doing module 1 if i pass ill let u no wen i can but i dont want to dry my self out if i fail as i wanted this for a couple ov years now just never had cash or balls as a no wat am like wen a put the helmet on well take care lads and al get back to use later hope fully with good news

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

alright lads just gona practice a little more as my theory is in 2 hrs just thought i would have a brake and let use no iam hoping a pass it as i realy want this like wen u wanted ure car licence its a night mare any tips on doing module 1 if i pass ill let u no wen i can but i dont want to dry my self out if i fail as i wanted this for a couple ov years now just never had cash or balls as a no wat am like wen a put the helmet on well take care lads and al get back to use later hope fully with good news

bugger failed my theory boys had been practicin for ages got the theory down its just the hazard perception that got me my scores were 47 out 50 and hazard 75=pass mark 44 i got 39 gutted as had my hart set on module 1 but booked again for this tuesday so fingers crossed al let use now am gutted totaly

yeeha av passed ma theory test today so onto the next part just hope its easyer as the hazard perception is a night mare but done it thank god well chuffed tryed ma hardest :)

I've seen posts about the various tests/levels for getting a bike license endorsement in the U.K. Am wondering what steps you folks have to go through there as compared to the U.S. There are differences from state-to-state in the U.S. Might even be age/experience displacement restrictions in some states though I don't know of any in my area of the country. For someone who already has a drivers license in my state all you have to do is pass a written test (not too bad) and a closed course driving test. When you take the written test, you receive a temporary (3 month) cycle permit. You can come back for the riving test within one week, There are some restrictions, but I can't remember what, while you have the learner's permit. IIRC. If you take a motorcycle safety course (and pass it!!), you can take the paperwork directly to our DMV office and get your endorsement.

I've seen posts about the various tests/levels for getting a bike license endorsement in the U.K. Am wondering what steps you folks have to go through there as compared to the U.S. There are differences from state-to-state in the U.S. Might even be age/experience displacement restrictions in some states though I don't know of any in my area of the country. For someone who already has a drivers license in my state all you have to do is pass a written test (not too bad) and a closed course driving test. When you take the written test, you receive a temporary (3 month) cycle permit. You can come back for the riving test within one week, There are some restrictions, but I can't remember what, while you have the learner's permit. IIRC. If you take a motorcycle safety course (and pass it!!), you can take the paperwork directly to our DMV office and get your endorsement.

Ollie,

Nowadays in the UK it goes like this:

Step 1 - Compulsory Basic Training - very basic machine handling course, some theory, some wobbling round cones then a couple of hours on the road. Only way to avoid this is if you passed your car test prior to Feb 2001.

Step 2 - Theory/Hazard Perception Test - 50 multi-guess questions on Highway Code and stuff, must get at least 43/50 to pass. Hazard Perception is 14 video clips with 15 defined hazards you need to spot in time, marked as 5 points for spotting immediately down to 1 point for last minute (0 for not spotting it) - must get at least 44 out of a possible 75 to pass.

Step 3 - Practical Test Module 1 (or just Mod 1) - wobbling round cones at speed - zig-zags, figure 8's, slow ride, speed loop, swerve'n'brake, emergency stop - swerve'n'brake has to be done at least 50kph to pass - Click Here for the layout

Step 4 - Module 2 - Out on the road, followed by examiner in radio contact (you can hear him/her, but can't talk back) - about 45 minutes on as many road types as there are in your area, couple of standard manouevres (u-turn etc).

Then .... if you're under 21 you're restricted to a 33bhp machine for 2 years (automatically upgraded to unlimited on the 2nd anniversary of passing, no further tests), if you're over 21 you can do Direct Access and take the test(s) on a 46bhp (or more) machine and you can ride any damn thing you like.

Phew! I passed my test in 1980, it was half a dozen laps of a circuit in town while the examiner strolled round having a smoke, one emergency stop, 10 yards of slow riding and 3 questions on the Highway Code, then a lot of verbal from him "Don't know why I'm passing you, another bloody hooligan let loose, probably kill yourself inside of a week ....."

Just glad I don't have to jump through the hoops these days, probably tell 'em to shove it!

Edit to add: All of the above tests have a 2 year life, so if you don't pass Theory within 2 years of getting the CBT, then your CBT needs a resit, likewise Mod 1 within 2 years of Theory etc... In practice, Theory, Mod 1 and Mod 2 are done in quick succession, each test booked as soon as you pass the previous so it's not such a PITA, but still .....

KirriePete,

Thanks for the very detailed answer!! Wow, that is much more intensive than anything I know of here in the states.

Our Basic Motorcycle Safety Course assumes you have never ridden before. They have a supply of 250 cc bikes for those w/o a bike. They show the results of heavy duty beginner use. All the basic things about bikes and riding you would expect is taught at this beginner level. Our next level course called the Experienced Rider Course (not that much experience, though) is for riders who have at least a learner's permit and a bike. More advanced skills as well as confidence building is taught at this level. Both of these courses are optional and not required as yours are. Even though there are many more hoops to jump through for you folks now, I think new riders come out with more respect for what it really means to be a bike rider.

I started riding in my teens in the late '50s on a well used Cushman motor scooter and then moved up to an early '60s Honda 150 Dream. At that time, no special certification was required as long as you had a drivers license. Around the end of the '60s I sold my Honda and didn't get back into bike riding until four years ago. Maybe thirty years ago my state began to require special motorcycle certification. If you had a bike registered at the time of the law change you were grandfathered and automatically got the certification. I didn't so when I started riding again I had to take the written test for my learners. I then took the Advanced Riders Course which, upon passing, automatically earned me the full certification.

Those under age 21 with only a cycle learners permit cannot ride their cycle on high speed roads, after dark or with a passenger on board until they achieve full certification.

For the regular beginners drivers license (autos) our state does now have Levels 1,2 and 3 licenses for those under age 18 and you cannot get a motorcycle learners permit unless you are on at least level 2 of your auto license. If you are above 18 years of age, you can get a "Motorcycle Only" drivers license. If you are over age 18, you can get a regular (auto) drivers license after just the written test, 30 days on the learners permit, closed course driving test.

yeeha av passed ma theory test today so onto the next part just hope its easyer as the hazard perception is a night mare but done it thank god well chuffed tryed ma hardest  :)

Congrats and good job  :thumb::beerchug:

this might help slow

http://www.all4bikers.com/theory/

best for your next one fella

just to let u no mate i passed and thanks for u add never expected the help from som 1 chares again and realy apreciated can u help me on module 1 eg wat to exspect am i going to turn up and he wont say eney thing or will he guid me through it ect thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online