2001 r6

mtwallet
This post is 4987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Give us a small intro Buddy, its etiquette, not mentioned in the rule book, but good all the same,-helps 'like minds' connect

Jim

hi yeah sorry for that,im fairly new to all this. anyway hello everyone im from anglesey north wales, been on bikes since i was a kid but only just moved onto road bikes ( a bit older and wiser). bought myself a damaged 2001 r6 for a very good price but the frame is slightly out(front wheel is closer to the bellypan than it should be) i know i could get it checked and sorted out but there is nowhere close to me and they all want a rolling chasis with engine in to do it which would end up costing a lot more than a good used frame with v5.all the places i spoke to wanted around 350 to sort the frame out plus theres the cost of getting the bike there and back (about a week turnaround)

Ahhh Bisto !, its all in the post title m8, try a post like this "2001 R6 frame sought, isn't it" :P

hi yeah sorry for that,im fairly new to all this. anyway hello everyone im from anglesey north wales, been on bikes since i was a kid but only just moved onto road bikes ( a bit older and wiser). bought myself a damaged 2001 r6 for a very good price but the frame is slightly out(front wheel is closer to the bellypan than it should be) i know i could get it checked and sorted out but there is nowhere close to me and they all want a rolling chasis with engine in to do it which would end up costing a lot more than a good used frame with v5.all the places i spoke to wanted around 350 to sort the frame out plus theres the cost of getting the bike there and back (about a week turnaround)

Welcome to the Forum.

Where abouts are you?, last time i had a frame straightened it cost me £130 and that was a right mess with twists the works :blink:

Vez.

thanks for the welcome, im from anglesey, north wales, all the places i spoke to want 75 for checking the frame before any work starts on it, they say its a couple of hours work to set it up on the jig then another couple of hours to slowly pull it back to where it should be, so i think all in all its easier and cheaper to hold out for another frame. the bike still rides ok i dont think its twisted in any way from all the measuring and checking that ive done so theres no big rush to get a new frame